Bungie's New IP Kinda Sorta Has Tentative Reveal Date, Probably

Okay, here's the deal. We focus on a ton of Halo content here, OBVS. But a huge part of why we love those quietly charismatic space-faring death machines we call Spartans just so damn much is due to the studio that created them. Bungie brought us all together with the epic world they created and the fantastic community they harbored and groomed on their site for over a decade (and still do). So it's safe to say that this bit of news is at least somewhat in our wheelhouse. And, full disclaimer- this news gives me a bit of a Bungie-fan stiffie. Deal with it. :cool:

Gamespot broke the story earlier today about Bungie's upcoming panel at March's Game Developer Conference in San Francisco. Led by Joe Staten, the studio's Director of Cinematics and author of Contact Harvest, will lead the discussion, and it sounds like he'll be giving us our first real glimpse of the world they've crafted and will be developing games for over the next decade. Doing a little digging at the GDC website, I found this little blurb, summarizing what we should expect from Staten:
Two decades of success in the gaming industry is no small feat, but after ten years of Halo, Bungie found themselves faced with a tremendous challenge: to build a whole new world, filled with even more amazing mysteries, places, creatures, and opportunities for player investment. For the first time ever, Bungie creative directors will discuss their world building techniques, from concept to production. Attendees will walk away with key insights into Bungie's battle-tested design process. They'll get a glimpse of the brave new world that has been built, a place where the next ten years of great Bungie adventures will unfold.

To which I respond-

tumblr_mgote0Yau11r3hmi8o2_500.gif
Make sure you check out that video at that Gamespot link. Its got a couple new inside details that should be pretty reassuring to us Halo fans. If this is the first time you're hearing about Bungie's upcoming Destiny project, then head on over to our discussion thread for more info.​

just to be clear. destiny's storyline has nothing to do with halo right?
yep, a whole new universe

as much as im a halo fan im a bungie-fanboy. i will buy everything with their name on it. these guys are my gods and i owe them a lot

From what I've seen this game looks to be sick. And from what I heard were all gonna be Knights!