BTB Lobbies: Map Problems?

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
So I went through THFE's videos, Mr Pokephile's videos, and the entire map forum, and I only found these maps for BTB:

1. Titan by Squally DaBeanz
2. Big Freeze by MockKnizzle008
3. The Trenches (MR POKEPHILE)
4. Vex by PA1NTS
5. Starlight by TheBloodbath22
6. Terminus by Hushed Behemoth and MockKnizzle008
7. Fractured by Aladin91
8. Reactor by Wraith2098
9. Shift by Crimson Flux
10. Transverse by Shore Jesus
11. DHG War Training by DHG QuietlyHigh
12. Last Stand by da bears1326
13. Panic Station by The Psycho Duck

Compared to the sheer volume of 4v4, 2v2/1v1, and Flood maps I found, this is a massive disappointment. There are only 13 maps in this list, and that's only if The Trenches can support BTB! What is this madness? I get that BTB forging is hard, I'm working on roughly 5 myself. But where are all the BTB maps???
If you know of any GOOD BTB maps, please reply in this forum. I'm trying to run a BTB Lobby next week for my clan.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Both of those are just vehicle slugging matches. I mean, I looked at them and all, but I'm looking for BTB maps that are semi-capable of being in matchmaking, mixing infantry battles with vehicles. For example, the map I'm building today is inversely symmetrical, features 2 scorpions, 4 hogs, 4 mongooses (mongeese? whatever), 2 ghosts, and 2 Banshees. It features 5 approaches 2 each base, 2 tunnels on the outskirts of the map, 2 large vehicle tracks, and the center building which culminates in a tower. This mixes up the gameplay significantly and makes it feel similar to a cross between Blood Gulch, Vortex, and Exile.
Those are the kind of maps I'm looking for, really well-made, balanced, mixed unit tactics based maps.
Thanks for the suggestions though! I'll be hosting another lobby in 2 weeks, and I think I'm going to have these in the lineup!

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
A'ight, I see why you don't like 'em because they are nothing like the maps you described, and they are certainly not your typical BTB map, so they may not look appealing initially. But they would still play well in a big team lobby, and they are fun to play on, which, in the end, is all that matters. Thanks for viewing them though. But I won't be making any large arena maps, because they're too mainstream in my opinion. But I'll let you know if I find a nice one.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Duck, Mock, and I make BTB maps. A lot. Don't worry, we'll be putting out quite a few over the course of the game. Also quite a few other people with some in the works right now. BTB'rs will not be going hungry. :)

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
THANK GOD.
I am killing myself trying to make well-balanced symmetrical, inverse-symmetrical and asymmetrical BTB maps. I've got 4 I've settled on, and I'm not even half-done with any of them. Forging in Halo 4 is so unbelievably difficult.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
THANK GOD.
I am killing myself trying to make well-balanced symmetrical, inverse-symmetrical and asymmetrical BTB maps. I've got 4 I've settled on, and I'm not even half-done with any of them. Forging in Halo 4 is so unbelievably difficult.
It's not really that hard compared to Reach. While some things are a little more finicky due to losing fine editing, other things are much easier due to magnets and duplicating. It's really just about the same as i was in Reach. It's also easy to work around new glitches, such as parts shifting, if you know how to avoid them.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
See, my issue isn't with duplication, that is the best new feature in the game. The loss of fine editing makes it difficult for me to line everything up correctly, and magnets aren't much help because sometimes they magnetize to the wrong object no matter what I do. For example, I was working on an Assassin's Creed map and the floor seemed slightly misaligned, and when I checked it, it was. So, I grabbed the single misaligned Coliseum wall and tried to line it up with the others with magnets. No matter what I did, it kept magnetizing to some wall 50 feet away.