Mini Game Blood Bowl: Reclamation

Prod

Qualified
Nov 16, 2014
Blood Bowl: Reclamation (version 2016-01-16) - Fast-paced, round-based splosion-fest!

3HFLAz0.gif

Blood Bowl: Reclamation

Key info:
Map Name: Blood Bowl: Reclamation
Gametype Name: Friday Night Headlights
Genre: Minigame
Players: 10-16
Teams: Even numbers, Red vs. Blue​

Introduction

The map began in the glory days of Halo: 3. I had just begun to play with forge and I had the idea of turning...​

Read more about this map...

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I played this in my lobby today and it was a generally fun experience. The only thing I think could use some work is the gametype. I think it would be better if the Mongoose team didn't need 25 points to win a round. Maybe bring it down to 10 or 15 points?

You could also experiment with making the Mongooses a little tougher and turning on Bottomless clip. Still, it was a fun experience.

Prod

Qualified
Nov 16, 2014
I played this in my lobby today and it was a generally fun experience. The only thing I think could use some work is the gametype. I think it would be better if the Mongoose team didn't need 25 points to win a round. Maybe bring it down to 10 or 15 points?

You could also experiment with making the Mongooses a little tougher and turning on Bottomless clip. Still, it was a fun experience.

Thanks for giving it a play and giving some constructive feedback. How many players did you have out of interest? I found 25 seconds in control after a 60 second capture worked best for the largest range of player counts.

I did think about making the mongooses themselves deathless and might still update the game with that, I'm still undecided.

Really I'm holding out for an infection version if 343 get around to adding it, also a user on reddit suggested making a Slayer version of rocket race that uses the bowl which sounded interesting. I have a few ideas kicking about.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I don't remember how many people were in the lobby. Definitely 8 or a little more than that. And you don't have to make the Mongooses deathless, just tougher(if there is a way to do that). In my games, I found 25 seconds to be a bit too much. The farthest anyone got was up to around 10 points.

I hope you do update the gametype. The map itself is nicely done and it's a fun minigame. Planning on featuring the map.

Prod

Qualified
Nov 16, 2014
I think the solution may be to turn down damage and resistance for the players. I found that sometimes the drivers would be with more-or-less full shields but still die when the mongoose explode (hence the deathless suggestion). I'll do some more testing when I have the chance.

Thanks for the feature, I'll keep an eye out! I'm glad people are enjoying the map.

I'll keep this thread updated if I make any changes.