Competitive Black Site [Competitive]

Mar 30, 2013
Black Site (version 2) - Inverse symmetrical competitive 5-Flag map.

Black Site is an inverse symmetrical map designed at its core for 5 Flag. I set out to create a flag map that rivaled The Pit in flow and intensity with a base design that promoted movement and punished camping. Gameplay and player movement has been the primary focus since day one of this project. Black Site's design enables very fluid flow and encourages the use of acrobatics to move across the middle of the map.

I entered Black Site into both the 343/Certain Affinity FFA Contest and the...

Read more about this map...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Excellent work! I wasn't sure who you were before this map, but after playing Black Site I will definietly keep my eyes peeled for more maps from you. The thing that's awesome about Black Site is that it is so different from other maps. I'm not just talking about the canvas map either, structurally it is such an interesting design.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the update.

Reactions: The Fated Fire

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I really like what you did with the call outs. They're not distracting and non-intrusive, but they provide an effect method of communication. Aside from that, I must say the map was phenomenal, keep up the good work!

Reactions: The Fated Fire
Mar 30, 2013
Excellent work! I wasn't sure who you were before this map, but after playing Black Site I will definietly keep my eyes peeled for more maps from you. The thing that's awesome about Black Site is that it is so different from other maps. I'm not just talking about the canvas map either, structurally it is such an interesting design.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks PA1NTS. Scythe was my favorite forge in the first community forge test playlist by far, and thanks for the feedback. I just started forging in Halo 4 but I have always loved competitive Halo multiplayer. My ultimate goal is to create competitive maps that I love playing on - maps that promote continuous movement and acrobatics as a core gameplay feature. I believe I pulled this off to a degree on Black Site but the design is far from perfect. Let me know your feedback on the new middle structure once you play on the updated version this week.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks PA1NTS. Scythe was my favorite forge in the first community forge test playlist by far, and thanks for the feedback. I just started forging in Halo 4 but I have always loved competitive Halo multiplayer. My ultimate goal is to create competitive maps that I love playing on - maps that promote continuous movement and acrobatics as a core gameplay feature. I believe I pulled this off to a degree on Black Site but the design is far from perfect. Let me know your feedback on the new middle structure once you play on the updated version this week.

You sir are awesome. I know what you are talking about with the acrobatics. It totally fits my playstyle too. I'm always crouch jumping or looking for a steep angle to land on to get a boost in speed. That kind of stuff. It's all about the acrobatics.

It makes me want to make an update to Scythe. I have a version with added jumps to Red 2 and Blue 2. They were definitely lacking. Especially when pushing Red 2 From Green 2 or even worse Green 1.

Mar 30, 2013
You sir are awesome. I know what you are talking about with the acrobatics. It totally fits my playstyle too. I'm always crouch jumping or looking for a steep angle to land on to get a boost in speed. That kind of stuff. It's all about the acrobatics.

It makes me want to make an update to Scythe. I have a version with added jumps to Red 2 and Blue 2. They were definitely lacking. Especially when pushing Red 2 From Green 2 or even worse Green 1.

A jump to Red 2 from Green 1 would be awesome. Provide another soft connection to access Sniper Rifle without having to loop through Red. If you make an update on Scythe, I'd like to see you reforge it on Forge Island. The map already uses white walls and you could use the huge rocks and flat terrain on FI for the flooring.

It is indeed all about the acrobatics. I have tons of secret jump ups on Black Site that only a few people have caught on to.