Community BIOC Reach Lobby Recap (09/22/2013)

inflogo22013.png

Hello everyone!

Last Sunday was a good day. Last Sunday, Mankind won. Last Sunday you won. If you were one of the lucky few to join the Halo Reach Infection Lobby as hosted by BIOC, you will definitely agree with me that we’ve had one hell of a great time together. It had been quite a while since I was so fortunate to have participated in a lobby so free of blackscreens and so full of enjoyable moments. It is therefore that I decided to write a recapping article about the lobby, to keep the memories at heart. I wish you a good read!

Nowhere, USA_________________________________________________________________

Strolling through the deserts of load screens, we suddenly hit an abandoned tank station. The place may have been out of gas, but it was certainly not out of fun. Indeed, the first game we played was on Nowhere, USA, which was ingeniously crafted by Insanmiac. Like usual, this map played great. I myself especially enjoyed my beloved sniper rifle, as I put some good headshots on the table, most of which were unscoped. Psychoduck joined in later on during the game and we steadily started to grow into a good old 16 player lobby like we all used to know and love in retro Reach. Many zombies died before we finally gave in and were forced to end our lovely roof party. Off to the next map.

upq4.jpg

Urban_________________________________________________________________________

After we somehow filled our tanks after all and left the no man’s land behind us, we entered a huge cityscape, infested with hungry movie creatures craving for blood and hunting for brains. Fortunately, they were rather slow, which allowed us to outrun and outgun them for a while before eventually meeting our inescapable fates. Or, y’know, just chill out on a Warthog with over 10 people at the same time, which I believe was Absentduck ‘s idea. No surprise the wheels couldn’t really hold up anymore after a while and we got eaten alive after all. Urban was quite enjoyable, although the unlucky bastards that were forced to play as a zombie multiple times in a row quickly got fed up with this map. I myself have to say I had a good bit of fun on this map but after a while we agreed that it was time to move on to another township.

k30f.jpg

Deadborough (1)______________________________________________________________

And that’s when we hit the road and ended up in an undead borough. Yes sir, that’s right, we decided to leave the first flooded city for another. It doesn’t matter though, because we were still able to snipe down many of the dead like Wolferious did, get tricked accidently like Charles Stoot, or take refuge on the rooftop of a house and use the shotty to take down many of the zombs like PA1NTS. But of course, at some point things turned a little bit too hazardous and we decided to try and find some kind of saferoom elsewhere.
p2db.jpg

Dust on the Horizon___________________________________________________________

That’s why we took a little ride on the Horizon. Too bad it happened to crash because of an alien invasion unaccounted for. The game on Dust / the Horizon was kind of short, because most players had a hard time figuring out what they were expected to do. The importance of teamwork however was pretty clear however, as I teamed up with another zombie to quickly take down Jesus in Malibu in one of the earliest sections of the map. Luckily, we were playing another Linear map right after, a map that goes by an interesting and illuster name. We took a Falcon and flew right over to…
sxpq.jpg

Aihab__________________________________________________________________________

We took a Falcon, which didn’t quite make it that far and we smited in the land of Aihab. For all of you who have no clue what an aihab is, I’ll go ahead and explain. An aihab is pretty much an ingredient for a fun lobby. It’s served with lots of tactical drop downs to be utilized by the zombies, as well as great, crazy and terrifying holdout locations for the human team. Teamwork indeed means a great deal on this map and maybe that’s why we didn’t quite make it to the end in any of the rounds. After a while, I made it my life goal to infect Duck, after he deliberately left me to die on the side walk while passing through infested areas. Obviously he was reluctant at first, but at the end of the day the geeks got their happy meal and we all delighted in the brainy dinner tabled in front of us. Yes Ducky… you’re dead bro! ;)
Not all humans passed away though. Some were able to reach the saferoom (though not as far as we could tell) and took the first plane to Brazil…

f8ab.jpg

Favela Run_____________________________________________________________________

Whereas we expected to stumble upon some intimidating gang members, we soon figured we once more had to run away from the living dead. Surprisingly only one of us didn’t even make it into the favela, but Jesus in Malibu had already proven to be of great use to the group of survivors and we mourned upon his death for a while before waking up and realizing we had to survive ourselves as well. Whilst struggling on the stairs, running over balconies and gliding over landfill sites we definitely had a great time on this map. Several people, such as Elliot – who happened to pick up a sweet Killtac with his pro pipe – as well as myself, appreciated having had such an insanely fast paced game in the endangered slums of Rio. The game was a whole lot of fun in general and little moments such as trying to avoid the dozens of swords trying to slice your throat before finally dying after a good 5 seconds gave me my most thrilling experience ever in an Infection game.

igut.jpg

RUN___________________________________________________________________________

After we fled the favela, it was about time we got some vehicular carnage going again so we boarded up several Warthogs and popped good amounts of zombies. This map reminded me once more of how awesome of a vehicle the Warthog is, and it didn’t let me down this time either. A quick but great game, and especially skillful driving abilities of fellows such as Master Debaytes made it all the more worthwhile.

t7r4.jpg

Deadborough (2)______________________________________________________________

And that’s where we reach the finale of this lobby. See what I did there? Haha. Not funny? Okay never mind.
Either way, why in the name of humanity the survivors still alive decided to enter this industrial English town again remains a mystery to this day, but what we do know is they didn’t go down without a fight. This time I was able to get in the Warthog a little bit more often, and amongst the lucky people gunning the chasing dead down while I was trying to outdrive them, were cool guys such as sirjosh10, Z3MAST3R and Charles Stoot. I even almost beheaded a guy who got stuck in one of the trenches, but he barely ducked down in time again before such a bloody event could take place. After this game, it was time to say goodbye and end the lobby myself, although most of the people I played with stayed to play some more maps in the game they had all missed for such a long time.

4f0n.jpg

And that’s the end of it! I’ve been saying this multiple times now, but I had a great time during the whole lobby and I will certainly keep doing these. I hope to see all of you once more in our next lobby when we will try to keep off the Horde as usual. I’d like to thank you for joining this lobby and providing all players, including me and hopefully yourself, a great time! See you after the apocalypse,

REM :heart:

PS: Expect a recap video of this lobby to appear on THFE fairly soon. Courtesy of Psychoduck.

So sad that I had to leave early, this looks like it turned out to be a hell of a lot of fun :)

Yeah same, I had to go after Aihab so yeah. But when I was there it was amazing. You were there for the warthog man pile up right. Crazy ideas

And that’s the end of it! I’ve been saying this multiple times now, but I had a great time during the whole lobby and I will certainly keep doing these. I hope to see all of you once more in our next lobby when we will try to keep off the Horde as usual. I’d like to thank you for joining this lobby and providing all players, including me and hopefully yourself, a great time! See you after the apocalypse.

If you keep doing the lobbies then I'll keep coming. And i'll keep enjoying them. :p

Reactions: REMkings
Look at this map...
deadborough9.jpg

...and compare it to this map.
8cr17.jpg

The H4 version is not only more colorful and vivid, but the textures, in my opinion, make it look a whole lot better. It has patterns and color variations while the Reach one is just plain grey.
I was referring to the close ups of all the objects

Reactions: Buddy