Best of Forge 2013: Winners

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Hey guys, it's about time we wrapped this up. Best of Forge began as a way to shine the limelight on some of the best forgers from around the site. What followed was a largely disappointing and drawn-out process riddled with failure. Communication issues were common, and there can be no denying that there was a serious lack of effort both from HaloCustoms staff and our partner Mr. Pokephile. Believe me when I say that it is as disappointing to us staff as it is to you guys to see an event we host so poorly executed, but such is the way of things. We had every intention of posting a final article to cap off this event, but we were waiting on videos from Pokephile which were never made. Combine that with the fact that the poll results have been public all along and you see that there was little reason to do so.

As we move forward, we will be more selective with the projects we take on and the partners we work with to ensure the events we hold are executed without a hitch. Halo 4's failures have made many staff feel discouraged from putting the time into these events, but that's no excuse. Next time we announce an event, we will follow through. I would like to apologize on behalf of everyone involved in this event for the way it's turned out. Let's turn over a new leaf and ensure a bright future for HaloCustoms. With all of that said, I would still like to congratulate the winners of each category.

Big Team Competitive:
  1. Panic Attack by Dux
  2. Embark by Flying Shoe ILR
  3. Fuggedaboudit! by Flying Shoe ILR
Flood:
  1. Morgan Bay by REMkings
  2. Our Daily Bread by Elliot
  3. Drillsite by PA1NTS
Mini Games:
  1. Speedrun by petetheduck
  2. The Koital Kavern by Titmar
  3. Artifact Temple by Master Debaytes
  4. Ice Breakers by RecklessRi1ey
Race:

1. Chratos by WhiskeyWarm
  2. Fossilized by Noble Forger & Oss1m Poss1m
  3. Delfino Square by TurbTastic
  4. Collision Fusion by TheRedEyedDevil
Small Team Competitive:

1. The Ark by The Fated Fire
  2. Aegis by redemption1272
  3. Scythe by PA1NTS
  4. Titan by theSpinCycle & Hahkarazy

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
This whole event was just a big mess from the beginning. I tried to patch things up along the way, but it was like trying to revive a dying animal with no veterinary experience.

None the less, I will congratulate the winners. This needs to be a lesson to the HC staff on how we need to manage our third-party events from this point forward.

Reactions: Buddy and Zandril

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Congrats everyone and thanks for finally finishing this guys. It's been a long, confusing run. I am happy with the results.

Drizzy_Dan

Master
Feb 25, 2013
New York
Awesome. Good to see the results up! I've seen some of these maps before and I agree with the choices. For the maps I haven't checked out before, that only means that they are just as great and I can't wait to check those out.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Congrats to the winners and everybody nominated.

It's unfortunate that lack of interest in Halo 4 has been causing problems here at Halo Customs too.. I guess there's no way around it.

Best of luck to you all on your future endeavors. I hope they turn out better than ours did at Forge Hub.

Reactions: Astiir