Contest Best Minigame of Halo 4

OfficialCompetition.jpg

If you need a recap of the events of this competition thus far, you can do so in one of two places. The Contest Bracket shows the progression of each map through the rounds, while the now locked voting threads show all the discussion, votes and drama that went along with it.

And the winner is...!

Oh wait, I forgot to mention something very important! Just like before, let's go over the prizes for this competition ;)

The person who wins the competition will be awarded a unique, customized, modded controller, courtesy of GamerModz.com. It's Halo-themed and optionally includes their SPS-X2 rapidfire modification at no extra cost. They'll also win a Halo-themed Xbox skin (shown below), which is super sick. Don't have a map remaining in the competition? Hey man, don't worry, you can still get your hands on this slick loot. Head on over to GamerModz to have a look at their full selection of custom gaming accessories.

In total, this top prize is worth roughly $200.

GREEN LANTERN
It's basically a game about hurling passing vehicles aside using naught but a regeneration field. Trust me, you feel crazy baws when you do.​
greenlanternx.jpg

All of the congratulations to the winner! auburn Insane54 should be in contact with you about your prize :laugh:

And also, a huge thanks to everyone else who threw their minigames into the ring. It was fantastic for the community to have such a large and diverse source of minigames to enjoy this summer. If it weren't for all of you, the only minigame we'd be playing would be Green Lantern. I mean, that's true, isn't it. Whatever. Moving on!

Even if you minigames haven't made it into the final, a few members of staff have chosen their personal favorites for this competition. If your map happens to be one of these, you will receive a real legit Ghost code for your avatar! Not a bad prize, if you ask me. More on this in the future!

The Next Big Thing

Keep and eye out of the coming days for more information on our next competition. Here's a hint for what it's all about:

Apply the dawn of each: (1, 6, 13) _ (18, 22, 38, 44, 81, 89) _ (98, 104, 114)​

On this passing minigame competition, nobody was able to directly control the end results of the voting. Voting determined the outcome, essentially putting everyone's fate in the community's hands. However, this time around, your progression through the rounds is entirely up to you. So things run much more fairly, with no of the proxy trouble. No time will be needed to prepare for this, and there will be no such round as the minigame submission phase (causing a large wait until the main event) meaning we can get straight to the point. Everyone is eligible for this online competition. Everyone is able to nab some amazing prizes. See you then! I am very excite.​
Edit: First, take the words from the paragraph corresponding with their numbered positions. Then, take the first letters of each word to spell out "ONE VERSUS ONE".
Fun!

Though for you guys not observant enough/not fanatical enough about deciphering my code there, we'll just up and tell you guys when we're ready :laugh:

-:teddy:

P.S. Sorry for the late announcement!

So, from now on the competitions will be voted by staff?
On this passing minigame competition, nobody was able to directly control the end results of the voting. Voting determined the outcome, essentially putting everyone's fate in the community's hands. However, this time around, your progression through the rounds is entirely up to you. So things run much more fairly, with no of the proxy trouble. No time will be needed to prepare for this, and there will be no such round as the minigame submission phase (causing a large wait until the main event) meaning we can get straight to the point. Everyone is eligible for this online competition. Everyone is able to nab some amazing prizes. See you then! I am very excite.

I like to say to Pete the Duck that I shouldn't be getting this position. Your map Is way better of a Mini game than Mine ever was and, the title should be handed down to you not me. My old friends from Halo Reach Pulled though for me and I am sorry that it had to end this way, I hope to see a whole lot more of your maps Pete because I never get tired of your maps. Some of mine suck, but not a single one of yours does. The fight was long and hard but one stood standing and I am just as shocked as you are. I am average forger that will never reach his peak but you are always at the peak, Jumping from one to the other. So as a proud forger of this community I wish you the best in the years to come, and I hope to see you again some day. :)

I like to say to Pete the Duck that I shouldn't be getting this position. Your map Is way better of a Mini game than Mine ever was and, the title should be handed down to you not me. My old friends from Halo Reach Pulled though for me and I am sorry that it had to end this way, I hope to see a whole lot more of your maps Pete because I never get tired of your maps. Some of mine suck, but not a single one of yours does. The fight was long and hard but one stood standing and I am just as shocked as you are. I am average forger that will never reach his peak but you are always at the peak, Jumping from one to the other. So as a proud forger of this community I wish you the best in the years to come, and I hope to see you again some day. :)

Don't be hard on yourself--you did a great job Forging that map. You should enjoy winning!

I won't pretend that I wouldn't have loved to have won (more for the title than anything), but Insane54 can vouche for this: the reason I initially entered the contest was to show support for what Halo Customs was doing for the community, not to win. I've had a lot of amazing opportunities with Forge, so I'm really glad when I see other people get some time in the spotlight. And you handled yourself well throughout the contest, so if I was going to lose to anyone, I'm happy to have lost to you.

Some of my maps really do suck--I just don't release them. Forge is trial and error--I got lucky with Speedrun, but I've had plenty of failed concepts. Just keep Forging!

And again, thanks to the Halo Customs staff that worked on this contest, through all the headaches. I love minigames, so it's great to see them promoted in this way.

Personally, huge fan of many of the maps in this contest (especially Speedrun and Green Lantern), I'm glad the tournament turned out well! :D We'll have more in the future, and keep an eye out for our Staff Picks post in the near future!

Personally, huge fan of many of the maps in this contest (especially Speedrun and Green Lantern), I'm glad the tournament turned out well! :D We'll have more in the future, and keep an eye out for our Staff Picks post in the near future!

Staff what cha-ma?

Congrats Stoot, I remember when you were in the shoutbox asking "Is this alright?(insert link of forged Lantern)" over and over, but me and Tom were arguing at the time :laugh:

Reactions: Charles Stoot