Behind the Sun

Core Behind the Sun

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Behind the Sun (version 2015-04-15) - 1v1 me, bro!

When the ForgeHub 1v1 contest was announced, I like many others began a foray into 1v1 design. Given my forging history (I've been focusing on the design of squad/BTB maps for the past several years), designing a 1v1 map proved to be an interesting challenge. What came up with was a very rough draft, aptly named "A Bad Map". The map was very vertical and set in a single large room with a pathway spiraling from bottom to top, a central platform, and a teleporter. It sucked.

Fast-forward a...

Read more about this map...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Psychoduck updated Behind the Sun with a new update entry:

Phat Lejj

The "Phat Lejj" version makes two tweaks to Behind the Sun. The first change is the addition of an exposed ledge which bypasses the uppermost ramp on the map. This ledge allows for exciting flanking opportunities as well as general trickery and should spice up engagements taking place along the top of the map.

View attachment 13548

The second tweak addresses the ways players enter and leave the lowest platform on the map. Dropping down to this platform from the outside no longer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: a Chunk

SARGEx117

Novice
Nov 29, 2015
Okay, I'm new here, so I must be missing something. Is your GT listed anywhere in the descriptions? If so I must be overlooking it somehow, since I tried your forum name in Find Player, but it doesn't exist. I'd like to DL this and Fort Hank...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Okay, I'm new here, so I must be missing something. Is your GT listed anywhere in the descriptions? If so I must be overlooking it somehow, since I tried your forum name in Find Player, but it doesn't exist. I'd like to DL this and Fort Hank...
My apologies. My gamertag is "The Psycho Duck". I suppose I should have stated that in my map post. For future reference, you can view any member's gamertag by viewing the information tab on their profile. Hopefully you enjoy the maps; I'm always open to feedback.

Welcome to HaloCustoms!

SARGEx117

Novice
Nov 29, 2015
My apologies. My gamertag is "The Psycho Duck". I suppose I should have stated that in my map post. For future reference, you can view any member's gamertag by viewing the information tab on their profile. Hopefully you enjoy the maps; I'm always open to feedback.

Welcome to HaloCustoms!

Thanks! I didn't think to check the information tab (for some reason) but now I see it. I look forward to showing my friends these maps you made! We used to play H3 all the time, and now thanks to this site, I have people's file shares to explore! Already downloaded 3 of my all-time favorites!

I look forward to browsing maps.

Reactions: Psychoduck