Been working on a Freeroam Flood map, tips?

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
So I've been working on a Flood map where It's based in a deserted floating city on Impact. I'm not sure what else I could do with it, but it doesn't really feel right to me at the moment, can somebody help me and give me some tips?

Also, how do I make weapons appear on Flood? The ones I put down don't seem to appear in customs no matter what I try.

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
also, it is cool to make underground bases like bunkers with ravine or impact where there are dropoffs

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
If your map has lots of rubble or high buildings I personally like flood maps with lots of hidden trick jumps. Just remember to always make sure there is multiple ways to get everywhere.

^This.

Every defendable area should have at least 2 entrances.
Don't make an area that is super easy to defend for the humans.
It might be fun for them, but the people who get stuck playing as Flood will hate it

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
Every defendable area should have at least 2 entrances.
Don't make an area that is super easy to defend for the humans.
It might be fun for them, but the people who get stuck playing as Flood will hate it

I have the main building (which is the main floor, second floor and roof) that has like, 12 entrances. The other defendable building has 2 floors with 8 or 9 entrances. And all of the other easily defendable buildings have flood spawns in or on them.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I have the main building (which is the main floor, second floor and roof) that has like, 12 entrances. The other defendable building has 2 floors with 8 or 9 entrances. And all of the other easily defendable buildings have flood spawns in or on them.

I would see that as too many entrances. I reckon it would be pretty difficult to hold out in those buildings. Try around 4-5 entrances into the building, so the survivors can be strategic in their gameplay. Have a couple of major entrances like wide open doors and a few more secondary entrances such as windown or cracks in the walls/ceilings. try and include outdoor places where people would like to hold out too, to mix up gameplay.