Chickenbuddy

Novice
Dec 27, 2016
Hello there! I've just updated the Battle Golf Template (map) and Battle Golf Prefab (object group) to support 8v8 starts. Each initial spawn now has a unique spawn order value. Also, the map template has extended run starts to prevent players from harming teammates during launch.

Additionally, I've shared a Game Mode called B Golf Infinite Ammo. Use this for BG maps that do not have projectile weapons (guns, rocket launchers, etc) so your Golf Clubs can have unlimited swings!

Enjoy!

why

Adept
Jan 30, 2017
I've been working on a Battle Golf map and have run into an issue. I've been using the "Scripting - Battle Golf" document to help me but I cant seem to figure out how to spawn an object in forge mode that is despawned/spawned through labels (man cannons for example) after I've saved the map and reloaded it back up . I've tried turning off scripting and spawning all objects but it doesn't respawn. The script is working as intended (xray label object spawn for round 2) but I can't make any changes to the object in forge since I can't seem to get it to spawn. Any help would be appreciated.

Chickenbuddy

Novice
Dec 27, 2016
If im understanding you correctly, what u need to do is temporarily remove the action in the script that is despawning the object. Save. Reload. Then it will spawn so u can do what u need to. Ie move it, delete it, add another, etc. Then put the despaen action back into the script. Bit of pain but thats how i do it.

why

Adept
Jan 30, 2017
Yeah, that did the trick; that's exactly what I was trying to figure out. Thanks a ton for the advice.

why

Adept
Jan 30, 2017
I tried using labels instead of scripts (I maxed out the scripts) to spawn/despawn FX: Fire [Human; Flames & Smoke] but I've encountered a glitch. I'm not sure if this is known by others or not but I figured I'd share just in case. The fire spawns in during the intended round but it can't be seen. It gives off light, you can still hear it and it still causes damage when touched but the flames aren't visible. I've made a quick video showing this glitch in both custom game and in forge here. I've tried raising the fire above the ground and reloading the map to no avail.

Edit: I don't think this issue is related to adding labels to FX pieces. I've now come across this issue on non labeled, non scripted FX pieces. My best guess is it has to do with having a high script count on the map.

Last edited: