Map/mod icon

Armor Modding File 0.6

SpacyCakes

Novice
May 24, 2022
Heya been using this mod to add my spartan into the campaign and have gotten it to appear in some cutscenes and in third person. I just have a question if you can help. For starters I don't know how to change the first person model for the game and was wondering how to change that. Also there are some cutscenes, like the pilot powering up chiefs armor and meeting the weapon for the first time does not change the armor nd its just normal chief. I think these 2 problems are connected, so if you know how to fix them I would be very thankful

Reactions: Silks1184
Jul 7, 2022
Are you able to update the list or at least explain the mod better? I genuinely looked over it several times and couldn't make a coherent spartan appearance. The lack of information is definitely the killer for me when it comes to this mod.
I would like to know as well! I would love to have MC running the Eaglestrike armor with the Kerberos Helmet.

Jason397a

Novice
Jul 20, 2022
Are you able to update the list or at least explain the mod better? I genuinely looked over it several times and couldn't make a coherent spartan appearance. The lack of information is definitely the killer for me when it comes to this mod.
Hiya Layka, hopefully this will be able to help you out:
1. Pull up the IRTV and launch Infinite. Load all the files that you normally would.
2. Type in 'masterc' within the search bar. Go down to 'hlmt[model]' and expand it -- there should be one file there, open it.
3. Scroll down to the 'Variants' section, and to the right of this you should see a drop down list ranging from 0 to 29. Change this drop down list to 4 -- this is Master Chief's open world model.
4. Scroll down further to get to the 'Permutations' folder; this is where the index documents come in.
There's going to be another drop down list numbering from 0 to 26. Each number codes for a certain piece of armor (0 is helmet, 1 is leg armor, etc) You'll need to manually go through each of these, plug in the index permutation numbers (provided by the index document), then click "Poke" once you're complete.
You can verify the changes by swapping back in forth from the 'Multiplayer' and 'Campaign' -- you'll need to reload the chief model each time for the armor pieces to update.

Last edited:

TheBadGamer

Novice
Jul 21, 2022
1. Pull up the IRTV and launch Infinite. Load all the files that you normally would.
2. Type in 'masterc' within the search bar. Go down to 'hlmt[model]' and expand it -- there should be one file there, open it.
3. Scroll down to the 'Variants' section, and to the right of this you should see a drop down list ranging from 0 to 29. Change this drop down list to 4 -- this is Master Chief's open world model.
4. Scroll down further to get to the 'Permutations' folder; this is where the index documents come in.
There's going to be another drop down list numbering from 0 to 26. Each number codes for a certain piece of armor (0 is helmet, 1 is leg armor, etc) You'll need to manually go through each of these, plug in the index permutation numbers (provided by the index document), then click "Poke" once you're complete.
You can verify the changes by swapping back in forth from the 'Multiplayer' and 'Campaign' -- you'll need to reload the chief model each time for the armor pieces to update.
where are the permutations

DJ_CheeF

Novice
Jul 22, 2022
No matter what I do it looks like my armor is just randomly generated.

Aug 5, 2022
Is it possible to change the helmet attachment. Iv figured out how to change the helmet but I can't seem to figure out how to an attachment to it.

Aug 4, 2022
Does anyone know if the upated game causes issue with the functionality of armor modding. Whenever I do the proper steps it results in the wrong index tags or crashes my game. Maybe I am doing something completely wrong or missing a step completely, idk?

Nov 8, 2022
IDK who still checks this, but I have it working mostly so I'll detail how I did this. For starters I only got it working in third person and I don't know how to change the armor coating, I'll show you everything I found out by showing you how to get to my spartan below (Mark V(b) with Mark VI prototype helmet and shoulders)

1) Open up Halo Infinite and stay in main menu
2) Open runtime viewer and load (you don't have to poke the armor mod)
3) In the search bar top left, search "masterc" (no quotes of course)
4) Click "hlmt(model)" it will expand to show one file, open that
5) In that file, scroll down until you see a folder labeled variants an open
6) To the right of the word "Variants" next to the "count" box, is a drop down menu, switch that to the number 4
7) Scroll down to and open the folder "Regions"
8) In the drop down box for regions, this is where you pick what you are changing (0 for helmet, 1 for legs, etc follow the index sheet)
9) Once picked what you are editing scroll down to and open the folder "permutations"
10) The second text box should be "runtime permutation index", this is where you enter in the index from the sheet for the armor you want in the previously picked region
11) once you picked the armor piece, press "poke all" at the bottom of the screen
12) repeat for everything you want to change
13) when don, load into the multiplayer menu, then exit it and load into the campaign menu. When you see master chief he should be updated

yes sadly, this will not change when you exit the game, so I recommend writing down all your armor index number like I will next to make it quick

IMPORTANT: some of the indexes on the sheet provided by the mod are incorrect and outdated, so you may need to play around. I currently am missing three parts of my spartan myself.

my spartan:

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Chandra
Nov 8, 2022
for anyone looking for updated instructions, I posted a list below

Nov 8, 2022
IDK who still checks this, but I have it working mostly so I'll detail how I did this. For starters I only got it working in third person and I don't know how to change the armor coating, I'll show you everything I found out by showing you how to get to my spartan below (Mark V(b) with Mark VI prototype helmet and shoulders)

1) Open up Halo Infinite and stay in main menu
2) Open runtime viewer and load (you don't have to poke the armor mod)
3) In the search bar top left, search "masterc" (no quotes of course)
4) Click "hlmt(model)" it will expand to show one file, open that
5) In that file, scroll down until you see a folder labeled variants an open
6) To the right of the word "Variants" next to the "count" box, is a drop down menu, switch that to the number 4
7) Scroll down to and open the folder "Regions"
8) In the drop down box for regions, this is where you pick what you are changing (0 for helmet, 1 for legs, etc follow the index sheet)
9) Once picked what you are editing scroll down to and open the folder "permutations"
10) The second text box should be "runtime permutation index", this is where you enter in the index from the sheet for the armor you want in the previously picked region
11) once you picked the armor piece, press "poke all" at the bottom of the screen
12) repeat for everything you want to change
13) when don, load into the multiplayer menu, then exit it and load into the campaign menu. When you see master chief he should be updated

yes sadly, this will not change when you exit the game, so I recommend writing down all your armor index number like I will next to make it quick

IMPORTANT: some of the indexes on the sheet provided by the mod are incorrect and outdated, so you may need to play around. I currently am missing three parts of my spartan myself.

my spartan:
I just realized the reasons the index is off, I believe it changes for every update, as now most of my Spartan's index is off. :(

Chandra

Novice
Nov 19, 2022
I just realized the reasons the index is off, I believe it changes for every update, as now most of my Spartan's index is off. :(
I'm having the same problem. I've asked around reddit and a few youtube videos as well, and I have yet to find a proper way (or rather, nobody seems to want to respond with a way) to more easily "search" for which values in the permutations correlate to which armor pieces update by update. I guess I'll ask here too since you seem to know your stuff- is there a better way to more directly figure out which armor pieces are attached to which values, or will I just have to essentially "trial and error" it by going through each number in the armor permutation?