Contest Anniversary Giveaway Results

OfficialCompetition.jpg

Anniversary Giveaway Results

Hey everybody! A few weeks ago our founder Insane54 set up a thread asking you all about your fondest memories of Halo so far. The responses ranged from nostalgic, to hilarious, to outright unbelievable! So over the past few days the staff have rifled through the treasure cove of memories, and found the three that we liked the most. And, as promised, here they are!

One of the best nights of my life was actually playing Halo, it was New Year's Eve 2011. Basically, me and my friends were just mucking around like normal, until I found out that one of them was so obsessed with a girl that he made a wedding map in Halo Reach xD. It had the basic church of course, but outside on the island was an airlift, which you were supposed to drive into with a mongoose with two players onboard. The airlift would propel you through a massive love heart in the sky, after which you would teleport to a secluded cave area with ... well let's just say that was the honeymoon area.

So much fun that night, and of course after I got off I went with my family to see the New Year's fireworks. That's why Halo is so important to me, because it's not just an FPS, it's a massive social experience; my friend who fell in love with that girl met her online in Halo frigging Reach, and still talk to this day. Xbox Live is a place where you can find people who are more like you than anyone else you can meet in real life, not just an online service.

The reason that New Year's Eve was one of the best nights of my life, is because I realised that I had true friends.

Anyways, another very memorable moment, or rather set of moments, were when I just got the urge to go for the Vidmaster Challenges in H3/ODST, and it was crazy. I've never experienced such a compilation of horribly (in a good way) difficult challenges. I remember researching the most effective ways to accomplish them, building a tunnel of forge pieces to get the Mythic Skull on Sandbox for Brainpan and how to set up for Endure. I spent an entire day trying to get Endure and something always came up in which we would die on the last wave.... total bummer. Then getting Sergeant Johnson spartan laser to do Annual. Halo continues to blow my mind between the forge community making straight up AMAZING maps like Jenga in H3 and Omega Slip n Slide in Reach, and the crazy kills like overkills with collateral and the use of button glitches. Just an amazing experience guys, thanks.

By far the greatest Halo related moment for me has been just now, reading through all the fond memories that people have for the franchise. At a point where Halo is severely struggling it comes as a relief for me to know that there are still people out there who care. That Halo has a future.

To an extent I myself have forgotten why I love Halo in recent months, I've gotten bored of it and started playing other games. But reading through all of these comments has caused me to reflect on my own memories; from my early days in Halo 3, to my beloved Halo Reach, to now in Halo 4 where I've finally fully immersed myself in the community. It's been one hell of a ride these last 4 years and so without a doubt, this sudden rush of love for a forgotten treasure is the best moment I could ask for.

I gotta say, we feel like those three sum up a large part of the Halo experience I'm sure we've all shared. Friends made, awesome moments had, enduring challenges and a community like none other.​
Congrats to Dividing MDH, BlueSmacko and H2AK0N on their brand new controllers! Jealous? Want one for yourself? Well you're a smart fella, you've been apart of this capitalistic society for a good while. Go check out GamerModz yourself, and see all the gear they've got ready for you. Hardware of all kinds. You'll love it.​
Thanks a bunch, guys, for the all the memories. We can't wait to see what memories will be forged in the future!​

Whaaaaat?! My post won? Well that's a great way to start the day.
Thanks for my new controller halo customs :) And props to the other entries, I read some of them, and I reckon that the judges had a tough time deciding on a mere three.

Voy a insertar tu culo en una sacapuntas, convertirlo a una sopa, y después tirarla por tu nuevo controlador de videojuegos para romperlo. O en una manera diferente y verdadera...

Congrats! :p

Reactions: Dividing MDH
I understand halo is fun and all, but its pretty sad that some of the best moments in your lives happen playing video games.....yeah im new to this but someone please knock some sense into me on how meeting people through xbox live could be more fun and "memorable" than having the balls to go up to people in real life and make groups of friends in the real world.

I understand halo is fun and all, but its pretty sad that some of the best moments in your lives happen playing video games.....yeah im new to this but someone please knock some sense into me on how meeting people through xbox live could be more fun and "memorable" than having the balls to go up to people in real life and make groups of friends in the real world.
The point was not to submit the most memorable moments of your life, but the most memorable Halo-related moments, and in regards to meeting people in real life, I for one can easily make friends and have many, but not all play, let alone own Xbox's, so I cannot always do somethings with them. Friends on Xbox live are still friends, but just for different reasons, and sometimes the people you play with are people you have seen everyday, but did not realize, so a friendship can be made there.

Reactions: Zandril and Fuzzle
how meeting people through xbox live could be more fun and "memorable" than having the balls to go up to people in real life and make groups of friends in the real world.

We do that too! :laugh: But like WhiteWolf said, this is just about Halo moments :)

Reactions: Fuzzle
I often play video games with people I know in real life, and I've hung out in person with people I've met online. It's not like video games are an entirely separate world completely separated from reality. The people on the other side of the computer screen are just as real as you are.

I often play video games with people I know in real life, and I've hung out in person with people I've met online. It's not like video games are an entirely separate world completely separated from reality. The people on the other side of the computer screen are just as real as you are.

If REMkings and I finally manage to meet up, HaloCustoms will become a part of my RL :D because we study like 50 km apart from each other