Event Anniversary Controller Giveaway - Sponsored by GamerModz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 9, 2013, HaloCustoms.com was officially opened. It's been an awesome journey for myself and hopefully plenty of you guys -- we're really excited about where we've been and where we're going to be going as the Halo community progresses. One thing that really distinguishes HaloCustoms from other communities is that we're designed to work by causal (and casual) community interaction. Most forums are based on a hierarchy of permissions; here I like to imagine we're the "front lines" of Halo, accepting in new people while hopefully also retaining our older membership core as well. If you're not a registered member, come on in! We don't bite! We've got a hell of a lot of stuff planned, but for now...

FREE THINGS!!!

To win one of three customized controllers (look below for more information), reply to this post and tell us what your most memorable Halo moment has been.

It can be from any Halo game, it can be loosely connected to Halo, it just needs to be Halo-related and it needs to be spectacular! On our anniversary date (1/9), the staff will choose their favorite three answers, and all of them will receive the prize!

GamerModz.com has graciously given us not one, not two, but three customized, modded controllers absolutely free of charge. These fantastic Xbox 360 controllers have a beautiful, solid design and an optional rapid-fire mod. Also, note that they already have customized and modded Xbox One and PS4 controllers available on their website! I highly recommend you check them out and give them some love (half because they make an awesome product, half because they give that product to us for free ;)). You can find out more about GamerModz's products by going to GamerModz.com or by clicking the video below!

This one time while playing halo 3 customs splitscreen with my little brothers, something awesome happened. We were playing swords and shotguns, on lockout. my brother was on a spree using a shotgun and I was just running around trying to sword him lol. I picked up one of those bubble shield things. My brother was in the middle platform and so I went at him. Just before he was about to shoot me, I threw down the bubble sheild, and it expanded enough to block his shot, denying his bulltrue and he goes flying.

I looked at it in theatre mode, and you can see the shield is only partially expanded and yet still blocks it, its great.

Free stuff!?!?

My favorite moment in Halo? Would've been in Reach. This would be a few months after I got my Xbox. I'd never expected it at first but through that black machine I managed to make friends with people all around the world. On this particular day it was just some generic customs, but then we hopped on a map that was pretty badly made and involved....well, nothing, really. But as we all went to the little flat thing just above the coliseum hole in the cliff on Forge World, and I stared off the cliff and looked around, I realized exactly how beautiful Halo was, and how amazing it had been. That moment, within a shared artificial world between a group of people that existed all around the world, was pretty much the first thing that led me on a journey to fully understand the capability of video games as not just some thing to pass the time but an actual network that could potentially connect all of us into a well knit community.

Man, that was cheesy.

It's hard to choose but i think my most memorable Halo moment was when I met 5 of my current best friends on Xbox while playing Reach. Old style infection on a submarine map. Assassinations only on a Venice map. Slayer on one of my own maps. And so much more. I was currently a very alone and depressed teenager at that time, i really didn't think there was anyone out there whom I could call a true friend. Well, Alex, Leah, Bree, Tony, and Sam proved me wrong. They took me in without question to what they called their "Best Friends Club" (or at least Tony called it that). And we would play every day, competitive or casual, versus or co-op. They gave me a confidence I never knew I even had, to come out of my shell and actually enjoy the world. That was a long time ago, now Alex and Tony are in college, Sam is in the marines, and Leah and Bree's Xbox broke and never got fixed. I may not see them often or even at all anymore, but I will never forget what they did for me.

Even though I've only started playing Halo online since 2010 and recently playing it the most I've ever had in the past few years, I still cannot forgot that nostalgic feeling of playing Halo for the first time back in 2005. This particular day was Super Bowl Sunday and as we're waiting to watch the big game to start, my brother's friend hooks up their Xbox and Halo 2 with 4 controllers and they go at it playing "Swords" on Midship. After their first game I got interested and they surprisingly let me play a few rounds. To this day it was still the best time I've ever had on Halo. Call it pure nostalgia but I remember having a great and memorable time.

This one time when some of my friends were playing campaign in Halo 2 during a sleep over. We where stationed on the float that crosses a huge water way. This float takes the longest time to cross the ocean, while it is crossing you have to fight off waves of enemies. The waves come very will come very infrequently, so to pass the time I took in the beauty of Halo. I took that seen in for about a minute then i saugh something in the distance, "Birds". I spent the next 5 minutes wasting my sniper shots on these damn thing, trying my best to kill them. One of my friends asked "What are you doing", another friend replied "I think he is trying to shoot birds". The first friend then said "You can't shoot the birds" just as he said that we saugh a cloud of feathers appear in the scope of my sniper rifle. Our mouths dropped and we couldn't stop laughing. For about 2 hours after this incident we went duck hunting.​
O and these
go to 3:46 that is the best experience I had in Halo Reach.

In Halo 4 it would have to be this...​
Though you can't see it in this video but I blasted that hog so high it vanished into heaven.​

One of the most improbable things than happened in to me was back in Halo 2 matchmaking on Waterworks. The enemy team had us pinned in our base. With a Wraith pounding overhead and players at all the entrances, we were trapped inside and couldn't retrieve our stolen flag. The only way we got out of that mess was when we all screamed and charged up the ramp to the roof and had the ridiculous idea to shoot the stalactites' above the Wraith. As if of cue, the thing fell atop the tank and crushed it. As an added bonus, the Warthog with our flag couldn't get past the debris. So we had enough time to kill the driver a force them to drop our flag. before we were quickly killed by the enemy players who rushed inside the base. It was such a crazy event that both teams were laughing at the end of it.

my favorite moment in Halo was in Halo 4, almost a year ago. I hopped onto BTB matchmaking with a mic and started talking to a guy. Then as we played, our party got bigger and bigger, until it filled up an entire team and overflowed into the other team. This taught me that friends make playing matchmaking ten times more fun than by your self

When CE first came out, I didn't have an Xbox, so I relied on my cousins to bring over theirs every weekend. We'd wake up every morning they were at my family's house at like 4(don't ask, I don't know how we did it either) and play Halo for hours on end. While CE is far from my favourite Halo, those were some of the best moments of my life. I miss being a kid.

EDIT: Btw, I don't want the controller, I've got enough already. Just wanted to share my experiences.

There isn't really one particular moment that i enjoyed about Halo. Just all the memories and friends i have made by playing Halo must be the best part about the game. I would say about 75% of the people on my friends list i met through halo, and for that i am thankful.

Despite how badly the Pandemonium series has failed, I have to say that was my favorite Halo memory. I enjoyed spending time with my friend forging and teaching him the ropes, writing stories and producing some videos. It may not have been successful, but I can say that we did push forging beyond its limits and did stuff that was thought of to be impossible. When the next Halo comes out, we plan on doing it again.

I'm not really interested in the controllers. I just thought I'd share that.

Hmmm probably playing halo 3 for the first time and going straight into the campaign to play as master chief. I remember the first cutscene with cortina talking about how she chose the chief because of his luck and then Johnson starts talking to u saying "one day you are going to land on something as hard and as stubborn as you are." And after that the you see the arbiter for the first time in the campaign as u run up to him and point your magnum at him just as Johnson says no chief, he is with us. At this point I was so excited even though I was just walking through a forest. And then the first encounter with the covenant and finding my first skull. That was probably my favourite moment of halo

My most memorable moment happened in Halo Reach. I played in BTB with about 7 friends so that we have a full team. The plan was to play the game a little differently. Instead of playing the game normally, we played the entire match crouched. Kind of like March of the Penguins. I was laughing almost the entire time because the bits where we were charging their base while crouched was funny to look at.

The best part? We won. :D

Here's a video that's very similar to what me and my mates did.

One of the best night of my life was actually playing Halo, it was new year's eve 2011. Basically me and my friends were just mucking around like normal, until I found out that one of them was so obsessed with a girl that he made a wedding map in Halo Reach xD. It had the basic church of course, but outside on the island was an airlift, which you were supposed to drive into with a mongoose with two players onboard. The airlift would propel you through a massive love heart in the sky, after which you would teleport to a secluded cave area with ... well let's just say that was the honeymoon area.

So much fun that night, and of course after I got off I went with my family to see the new year's fireworks. That's why Halo is so important to me, because it's not just an FPS, it's a massive social experience, my friend who fell in love with that girl met online in Halo frigging Reach, and still talk to this day. Xbox live is a place where you can find people who are more like you than anyone else you can meet in real life, not just an online service.

The reason that new year's eve was one of the best nights of my life, is because I realised that I had true friends.

My most memorable and favorite memory of Halo was whenever my family went over to visit my cousins. Since my family didn't have an xbox at the time, my brothers and I would get really excited because we got to play Halo CE and Halo 2 and it was like a game night since a lot of other relatives came over to visit and play as well. My parents would talk to my cousin's parents and my sister would play with my cousins. As soon as we got there my brothers and I greeted our cousins and went straight to go play Halo, since we rarely played it, it was like the first piece of candy you get as a kid. Since i was the youngest there, my cousin made me use this same color controller but his controller was a lot wider, had a lot longer sides (the place where you put your hands, didn't know how to describe it) and looked like a controller for shaq. (no offense if you see this) :
images

After I somewhat got comfortable with it, my cousin would set up a game of ffa on Reflection (I think its called Reflection in Halo 2, my apologies if it isnt) and during the match there was laughter, A LOT of yelling, screaming, and overall just enjoyment. And since my cousin now has a job and isnt home much and since my eldest brother has a job and my sister is in college, I'm starting to fall into this state of depression. Of course back then i was always the happy go-lucky type of guy but now you will hardly hear me say a word. And even as I'm typing this i can't believe all of the awesome memorable and enjoyable Halo memories I've had, including beating my eldest brother several times in a sword fight in Halo 2, when i was like 5.

When I was younger about 6 years old, I used to run home from school, to be pumped up about playing halo 2! I would sit there for hours playing campaign and being amused. One day I came home upset and bored, because I was being beat up. So I hopped onto Halo and got onto the mission where you meet that white Elite and try to kill the Chieftain Brute. So I decided to push onto the White Elite, until he got locked inside the next mission. And he didn't disappear he kept going along with the mission! Which was quite awkward, and once I went to release the trapped elites upstairs, a group of them ran up to the white elite and said Hello Commander! That made my day, because I played that mission all the time and never have had this happen to me before.

I'm not entering in the contest, but I thought I'd share one of my favorite Halo moments anyway.

In Halo: Reach, sometime in late spring of 2011, I had a wonderful idea. The duck had a wonderful, awful idea. I was playing BTB matchmaking with a few friends, including MockKnizzle, MattKestrel, itz Longshot, and I forget who else. Atom, which was a rather bad forge map, won the voting round and we decided we would go HLG. So, we spent the game hiding under a rock on the map, teabagging endlessly. The best part was that several of us were blaring Rebecca Black's Friday through our mics for the entire lobby to hear. It may not sound that hilarious, but if you were there I think you'd agree that is was pretty amazing.

Rather than picking a single moment, however, I'd have to say that the best thing that's come out of playing Halo has been the interaction with the community. I can honestly say that Flying Shoe ILR and MockKnizzle are some of my best friends (no homo), despite my interactions with them primarily taking place over Xbox Live. i've met loads of other cool people, too. Fun times.

One time when some of my friends were playing campaign in Halo 2 during a sleep over. We where stationed on the float that crosses a huge water way. This float takes the longest time to cross the ocean, will it is crossing you have to fight off waves of enemies. The waves come very infrequently, so to pass the time I took in the beauty of Halo. I took that in for about a minuet when what i realized was in the distance, "Birds". I spent the next 15 minuets wasting my shots on these damn thing trying my best to get them. One of my friends sitting right next to me asked "What are you doing", another friend replied "I think he is trying to shoot the birds". The first friend then said "You can't shoot the birds" just as he said the we saw a cloud of feathers appear in the scope of my screen. Our months dropped and we couldn't stop laughing. For about 2 hours after this incident we went duck hunting.​
O and these​
go to 3:46 that is the best experience I had in Halo Reach.​
I must say, I enjoyed that video VERY MUCH. you should do a H4 one.... pronto

Status
Not open for further replies.