News 343i Announces Ghost in the Shell Forge Contest!

front-page-halo-news-png.14462
343 Industries just announced their latest forge competition and trust me, this one is very interesting. The objective here is to forge a map that recreates "the look and feel" of the Ghost in the Shell universe. For those that aren't aware, Ghost in the Shell is an upcoming science-fiction, action film directed by Rupert Sanders, based on the Japanese series of the same name. You can find a quick summary of the competition below.

With each month that passes, the Halo community continues to surprise us with the unique maps created in Halo 5’s Forge mode on both Xbox One and Windows 10. To celebrate the Halo World Championship, we’ve partnered with Paramount Pictures and the upcoming film Ghost in the Shell, and are excited to reveal the Forge community’s next challenge - the Ghost In the Shell Halo 5 Forge Contest!

At the Halo World Championship Finals next month in sunny Southern California, audience members will be able to go hands-on with an awesome new Ghost in the Shell experience built with Forge. This is where you come in. The winner of this contest will not only have their map played by everyone at the event, but will also be flown out as a special guest and enjoy the show live!

Based on creativity, originality, usability, and likeness to the ‘Ghost in the Shell’ description, a panel of judges – selected from the various Forge communities, the team here at 343 Industries, and Paramount Pictures – will choose the top three winners. The contest begins now and entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT on March 12, 2017 here on the Halo Waypoint Forums. To learn how to submit your entry, head here.
  • 1st Prize – Paid trip to the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals in Burbank, California
  • 2nd Prize – Covenant Prize Pack – Replica Needler by NECA, Halo Wars 2 Brute Spike Rifle by BOOMco, Covenant Ghost
  • 3rd Prize – Spartan Prize Pack – Athlon and Master Chief customizable Spartans, and Mark V and Mark VI Art FX packs by Kotobukiya
Interested in entering the competition? You can read all the details on Waypoint!

Reactions: Drizzy_Dan
Here's how it will be judged
25.00% - Originality
25.00% - Creativity
25.00% - Usability
25.00% - Likeness to ‘Ghost in the Shell’ description

It's pretty damned good for anyone who enjoys watching competitive Halo.

That deadline, though... not so sure about that.
Yeah, a deadline of just a few weeks? Only way to get a good map out of that is if they stay up all night and do nothing but forge.

The short deadline just about sums that up their expectations for this competition. I doubt they're expecting submissions that break the mold but rather ones that just meet their aesthetic requirements while living up to a basic competitive standard. That's not to say this contest is bad per se. The objective is just a little different is all.

You should submit a map if you still forge! Think of it as a little challenge.

I hope they don't fuck up this live action version
It's obvious from the trailer that they made some pretty heavy altercations to the original GitS story. I'm probably going to see it when it comes out ( :heart: Scarlett Johansson), but I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited: