Contest 1v1 Tournament: Round 2 Begins

officialcompetition-jpg.5084
Alright everybody, we have now reached the end of Round 1 in this 1v1 Competition of ours. Your new match-ups have been prepared and this post will mark the official beginning of Round 2. The Competition continues! Most importantly, we have some vitally crucial information below about the Double Elimination system. Make sure you read it through so that you don't accidentally forfeit the match due to incorrect conduct.
- Round 1 is now over -
Now, if at any point you find yourself wondering if there could possibly be another way of learning more about this week’s round, then I've got some good news for you! Here’s an awesome video, courtesy of TheHaloNetwork, giving you all a nice overview of what to expect in the coming week of the Competition.​
URGENT: Understanding Double Elimination
Just remember that even if you lost your first round, you’re still not out of the tournament just yet! Since the competition is a double elimination, you will only be eliminated after losing two separate rounds.

As an elaboration, if you continue to win your matches, you will remain in the "Winner's Bracket" and will continue to play against other winners from the previous round. However, once you lose a round you'll find yourself in the "Loser's Bracket" and will be matched up against another individual who has also lost at least one round. As stated above, what this means is that you'll only be eliminated from the competition after losing two matches (the second of which will be in the "Loser's Bracket").

This is where things get tricky - a lot of people will have to play catch up this round. Those of you currently in the loser's bracket, as well as those who started this round in the winners bracket but ended up losing their match, must play and win another match to advance to Round 3. So, you need to move quick so your second match can be organized and played by the end of the week! For more clarification on how these matches are organized, check the newly updated bracket.

Here's the key information you need to know. This will be added to the Rules & FAQ.
  • You must reply to, and attempt to organize a time for, your matchup thread before the end of Monday, 5 of August. This ensures that matches are organized ASAP. If a player doesn't respond to their match up thread by then, they automatically forfeit.
  • A Second Match is required in order to progress to the next round, if you fulfill the following conditions:
    • If you are in the Winner's Bracket
      • And you have lost the match.
    • Or, if you are in the Loser's Bracket
      • And you have won the match.
  • If you have a second matchup, and fail to participate, you forfeit the match.
  • Once a second matchup is organized, it may be the case that both players are unable to play before the next round begins. If this happens, the player who became available for their second matchup first wins by default.
1. Finding Your Opponent
For this step you're going to visit the "Match-Up Threads" linked below and explore the threads until you find your name. Next to your name you'll see your opponent's and within that thread the both of you will be able to discuss and decide a time for playing out your Round. Alternatively though, you should receive a tagging notification on the top right of the website, linking you to your individual match-up thread.​
An important tip while organizing your game is to make sure that you know your opponent's timezone so that you can arrange a time that will work for the both of you. Communication is key.​
2. Fighting Your Opponent
Okay, to re-iterate what was described in the Round 1 announcement, once you've found your opponent, and you've both agreed on a time to play your match, all that’s left is to do it! Hopefully, you have not run into any problems, and you'll both be ready to go.

Next, make sure you've downloaded the current round’s map, “Xiphos”, as well as the tournament gametype: “Unity 1v1 Slayer”. All that remains is playing out your Round, making sure it's a Best of 3 (A single win doesn't count) -and the winner will be decided.

3. Seal the Deal
Once again, when the game is done go back to your match-up thread and post the winner. Extra details (Such as score, the winners of each round, the time of the game, etc..) are appreciated, as it makes it easier for us to verify the legitimacy of your claim, however these are optional. All we really need to know is; Who has won? If both players agree, then the winner will be finalized.

4. Weekly Top Ten
Here’s the fun part that follows your actual Round. If you remember having any kind of awesome moment in any of your previous 2-3 matches, get into theater and record that clip, because you can then submit your clip to the weekly Top Ten. This will give you a chance at obtaining some extra prizes on the side. These include trophies, custom titles, and being featured on the Weekly Top Ten video released by TheHaloNetwork every Wednesday. I highly suggest you throw in any of your top moments, because you never know! You might just see yourself in the Weekly Top Ten!

The deadline for these clips will be the same as the Round: Submit them before the next round begins, and you'll have yourself a shot at winning some sweet, sweet prestige. Basically, that means that we're no longer accepting any clips from Round 1 and will solely consider clips gathered from Round 2 for this week.

TL;DR
· Look for a notification linking you to a match-up thread
· Make sure you know your opponent's timezone, and arrange a time to fight.
· Make sure you've downloaded the current map, Xiphos, as well as the Unity 1v1 Slayer gametype
· Matches are Best of 3
· Post who has won in response to your match-up thread
· Submit your clips to the weekly Top Ten for extra rewards

If you have any further questions, feel free to voice them in our Questions and Queries thread.

Good luck, everyone!

Hey why am i not in the losers bracket??

If you check out the bracket here and scroll down towards the bottom, you'll see that you are currently waiting on someone else to finish their match so that we can organize a new match between you and the winner of that.

Reactions: SGC
If you check out the bracket here and scroll down towards the bottom, you'll see that you are currently waiting on someone else to finish their match so that we can organize a new match between you and the winner of that.
Yo daxy is the first top ten out yet and how many rounds in total?

DAX YOU HAVE NOT PUT ME IN THE LOSERS BRACKET WTF DUDE

I'm beginning to learn that Dax loves to showcase only the part in our battles where he isn't killed. If I remember correctly, I came back and got about 5 kills in a row at the end. But no, that would make my friend look like he could be killed in combat. :p

Granted, he did completely decimate me, but still.