12 Minutes of Destiny Gameplay

CoolStuff.jpg

Destiny E3 2013: 12 minute Gameplay

"What does this have to do with Halo?" you may ask.

"Get out." I respond.

Here's the most recent and most in-depth demonstration of Destiny gameplay thus far.

Be sure to stick it on 720p for that sweet, sweet next gen goodness.

-
7OCYZ

Why would PC be unlikely? PC would be the very best system for this game due to PC being master race and all. Plus, mouse is far superior to controller when shooters are involved. The only thing I can imagine is it not being PC at launch, since they didn't start with that in mind. I don't think they'll ignore PC at all, likely they'll just release it later.

Nope! Destiny is for release on so many platforms. PS3, PS4 as well as the Xbox One and even Xbox 360. There are rumors of a PC version as well... but that may be unlikely.

ps3 and 360? why? i would imagine that they would just put it on the ONE and ps4 along with PC

Why would PC be unlikely? PC would be the very best system for this game due to PC being master race and all. Plus, mouse is far superior to controller when shooters are involved. The only thing I can imagine is it not being PC at launch, since they didn't start with that in mind. I don't think they'll ignore PC at all, likely they'll just release it later.

Well a lot of that is debatable. I think that the PC version is unlikely purely on the facts that
  1. They're stressing that it's not an MMO, and a PC version would contradict that idea through common eyes
  2. They haven't yet announced a PC version. If they aren't even briefly mentioning it at E3, do you really think there's one in the works?
  3. I can't imagine they could provide the online servers for all five platforms.
ps3 and 360? why? i would imagine that they would just put it on the ONE and ps4 along with PC
Well, it's Bungie we're talking about. You know what their repeatedly exclaimed goal is? World Domination. How do you think they'll achieve that by releasing the game for the new generation, while a huge number of fans remain in the current one? They want to make their newest and most vulnerable IP available to as many people as possible. Higher audience, higher rep. Money isn't so much the issue.

Once they have the fans, it will be much easier to rope them in on a next-gen exclusive sequel. Or anything else, for that matter.

Reactions: NinetysBorn
Well a lot of that is debatable. I think that the PC version is unlikely purely on the facts that
  1. They're stressing that it's not an MMO, and a PC version would contradict that idea through common eyes

If it isnt a MMO, then what is it? a free roam type of game?

it looks so amazing. PUBLIC EVENT made me shit my pants with happyness.

I hate to break your bubble dude, but have you played Public Events in MMO type settings before? I was all excited like you before Guild Wars 2 came out, which had the same thing. Then I played it, and it was depressingly boring. I mean, see how the player's shots did little noticeable damage? Well yeah, of course they don't do much, it's a group event. The the work is shared evenly.

Well, so is the excitement. And there's not enough to go around.

It kind of looks to me like a more serious version of Borderlands in some aspects (The weapons, the classes, etc.). But it looks really REALLY good. Also, is that a BR that I spy?

I hate to break your bubble dude, but have you played Public Events in MMO type settings before? I was all excited like you before Guild Wars 2 came out, which had the same thing. Then I played it, and it was depressingly boring. I mean, see how the player's shots did little noticeable damage? Well yeah, of course they don't do much, it's a group event. The the work is shared evenly.

well i dont play MMOs and it excites me i am sorry that you are not excited for the beauty that your bungie lords have prepared for you.

like this comment if the game play reminds you of Mass Effect 3 or lost planet 2...
but for real the game looks great.
AND I MUST PLAY!!!!! :arghh:

well i dont play MMOs and it excites me i am sorry that you are not excited for the beauty that your bungie lords have prepared for you.

Oh, how I envy your mentality.

Apart from the beautiful graphics, I'm depressingly unimpressed by Destiny so far. The spirit is willing, but... I don't know. I just don't think there's enough to get excited about in that demo. A lot of it was walking around, and shooting at weak enemies :teddy:

Reactions: TNTMAN
  2. They haven't yet announced a PC version. If they aren't even briefly mentioning it at E3, do you really think there's one in the works?
  3. I can't imagine they could provide the online servers for all five platforms.

1. PC games are not all MMOs.
2. They may not have announced one, but they also just released gameplay. My point is that it's not like the release is just around the corner, and a PC version announcement doesnt have to be before that even. They could release for the consoles and decide afterwards that they would support it.
3. Maybe not, but as you said, it's also not an MMO. Big games like CoD also have servers on PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox too. Borderlands has servers across PC and Xbox and PS3. Destiny I'm sure will garner enough money for a similar thing to happen if they so choose to make the effort.

Reactions: Tedium

You didn't like the Guild Wars 2 Events? I personally thought they were awesome!

Reactions: Wakko45
Yeah, I don't know, it might just be me though. I just get a little depressed when a large-scale event happens and no one's around to participate. And when huge events happen, it doesn't feel like I'm contributing at all. Now, the events with 2-10 people are a lot of fun, because the group is small enough to maintain that sense of camaraderie. But each event needs a smaller facet to it which can be overcome by single player. Otherwise, the sense of achievement is lost.

Reactions: xAudienceofone