Gaming Super Smash Bros. Melee

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
[Posted 2014] Hey guys,

a while ago I searched for ssbm videos on Youtube and found this amazing documentary about the "History of Smash" (LINK to the playlist).
It's definitely one of the best documentaries I've *ever* seen and you really should check it out!
Before that I didn't even know that there's such a huge competitive scene around the game from my childhood; I was just stunned by the skill level you could have in this game! Wow.
After I've watched this documentary, I started watching ssbm streams and tournament videos. They are sooo different in the matter of excitement and variability to for example Halo, because *everything* can happen. You're leading with two stocks? Make *one* mistake and you're gonna loose. For me this game is such a thrill!

2015 Edit: SSBM is fully back in the MLG scene! 2014 was an amazing year for Melee. It can only get better in the next years... auburnauburnauburn
Links to every single video:
SSBM streamers & youtube channels:
Smashpedias:
The home of the Smash community:

Show me your moves!

Last edited:

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
Definitely one of the best documentaries I've seen on ANY subject.
I'm really looking forward to watching SSBM at MLG Anaheim in June.
Also, it appears that both Korean DJ and Ken are making a serious attempt at competing at the highest level again. They were recently named as the newest members of Team Liquid.

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
Hey dude! I've been part of SmashBoards for almost 4 years! I've been playing Melee and Project M for awhile now, I used to host SSB game nights every month at my uncles warehouse ^_^ super fun and competitive! Ken was once the best, but I think he has lost his touch. His old school techniques just dont compare to the meta game of today with players like Dr PeePee & Hax. But hopefully i'll be proved wrong. #Marth SSBM #Ness/Roy SSBBPM

Reactions: Buddy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey dude! I've been part of SmashBoards for almost 4 years! I've been playing Melee and Project M for awhile now, I used to host SSB game nights every month at my uncles warehouse ^_^ super fun and competitive! Ken was once the best, but I think he has lost his touch. His old school techniques just dont compare to the meta game of today with players like Dr PeePee & Hax. But hopefully i'll be proved wrong. #Marth SSBM #Ness/Roy SSBBPM
:eek: Omi! :laugh: I didn´t know that! lol

Yeah, you´re right, but in my opinion it would be just so cool to have all the different generations at EVO/MLG! Ken, KDJ, M2K, Mango, Armada, ...... etc. Personally I´m a big fan of Shroomed :D I know, he´s not the best, but it´s just nice seeing him whoppin around with Doc... #staticgrin :laugh:

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
:eek: Omi! :laugh: I didn´t know that! lol

Yeah, you´re right, but in my opinion it would be just so cool to have all the different generations at EVO/MLG! Ken, KDJ, M2K, Mango, Armada, ...... etc. Personally I´m a big fan of Shroomed :D I know, he´s not the best, but it´s just nice seeing him whoppin around with Doc... #staticgrin :laugh:
Yeah I feel like Shroomed is underrated because he doesnt go to a lot of tournaments :) My personal favorite is Hax's Falcon in Melee :D

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
You can run, but you can't hide. Mwaaahahaha!!!

tumblr_n40iskVBVp1s3my1ro1_400.gif

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Did anyone see #FP4 ? Damn, that was an awesome tournament! :D

Wife and Husband commentating the Top 5 :heart: Mango and M2K in Grand Finals, alone, because somehow cops came and everybody else had to leave :laugh: However that didn´t matter: 9000 people were still watching the stream!!! (7:00 AM right now...)

The 0micron : I hope, he´s gonna come back...

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
Did anyone see #FP4 ? Damn, that was an awesome tournament! :D

Wife and Husband commentating the Top 5 :heart: Mango and M2K in Grand Finals, alone, because somehow cops came and everybody else had to leave :laugh: However that didn´t matter: 9000 people were still watching the stream!!! (7:00 AM right now...)

The 0micron : I hope, he´s gonna come back...
I personally dont think he is gunna come back, but yeah that tournaments was great! loved that effort from M2K to JV 4 stock that bowser player xD he got so close

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I personally dont think he is gunna come back, but yeah that tournaments was great! loved that effort from M2K to JV 4 stock that bowser player xD he got so close
Oh yeaa... :D

Btw BORP is REAL!! :laugh: Man, Borp is so awesome... No techskill, wavedashing, shuffling and he still can compete with professional players! Just amazing! :y:

#BorpisLoveBorpisLife

Game 1 against Juggleguy
Game 2 against Wenbo

Last edited: