1. Welcome! To join our community and make/find custom games, please log in or create an account!

Casual Sherbet Land MK64

Discussion in 'Maps Archive' started by TurbTastic, Feb 2, 2013.

1. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Expert

This is my remake of the track from Mario Kart 64. It is compatible with the RACETRACKS gametype which can be found on my file share. There is a system of teleporters that acts as a substitute for checkpoints. I have a variant of this track labeled as "Sherbet Land - Doubles"; it should be used with RACETRACKS - DOUBLES. I also have Bowsers Castle, Rainbow Road, Wario Stadium,Banshee Boardwalk, and Koopa Troopa Beach. Ask me if you would like to feature my maps on your YouTube channel.

File Browser > Map Variants > File Share Search > TurbTastic

*OR*

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...Date=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rev Righteous

Rev Righteous Proficient

Your use of the glass covers for the ice is a great touch; makes the whole track look unique.
  3. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Expert

Yeah I definitely had a eureka moment when I was trying to decide what to use as the floor. I've had some people suggest using gravity volumes in order to get a slippery effect but I don't think I could cover all the "ice" with only 12 10x10s to work with.
  4. Rev Righteous

Rev Righteous Proficient

Yeah, there just arn't enough grav volumes for that. The "ice" looks great as is now anyway. Maybe a trait zone with slightly low grav or slightly higher speed could achieve the slippery affect though. Not really necessary, I think it is good as is, but it would be easier to implement than a whole mess of grav volumes.
  5. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Expert

Sadly speed/gravity settings on trait zones don't work on players using vehicles.
  6. Rev Righteous

Rev Righteous Proficient

Ah, too bad.
  7. FatThe2nd

FatThe2nd Proficient

Oh my goodness, terrible memories with those wretched penguins! Very creative and a sick remake.
  8. PandaMan

PandaMan Master

This is fricken awesome, when I get on, I am definitely downloading this, I've been looking for some good race maps for a while!
  9. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Expert

Make sure you try the doubles versions when you have 8-16 people ready. Rainbow Road is almost ready :)
  10. a ninja samuri

a ninja samuri Distinguished

looks different and original (even though its not) well done
  11. hiddenjewgold

hiddenjewgold Novice

Incredible job! This was probably my favourite track in MK! I'll be downloading for sure.
  12. IAMAGUN15

IAMAGUN15 Proficient

Hey maybe this will finally be a map i dont suck at... i cant drive for shit in game.... and irl
  13. Wakko45

Wakko45 Kill-Steal Guru

We played this map in my lobby today and it was tons of fun. Very good remake of the original plus I like the starts so that you spawn with your partner and don't have to go searching for him. It was tons of fun with the railguns and sticky dets
  14. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Expert

Yeah I think Doubles is a lot more fun. I put up a version 2 today that has 3 hills/lanes in the checkpoint to counter contesting, and I know version 1 had some scoring issues so that should be gone.