Mini Game ODST DOMINION [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2013
California
The island looks soooo.... empty. It looks like you just placed down objects. Their is no initial theme and lacks cover on the bottom, so cross mapping will occur on this map. Just looking at the images tell me all this and I won't even have to download it. Dislike this comment all you want and argue all you want UNLESS you want to be an informative forger and take my feedback to improve on this map.

Oh man that would be cool if 343 made a gametype where you are actually get sent down to the ground from a ship and have to do like a Search and Destroy kinda thing.

Kinda like that one arcade game... uh... should what was it called?

...I know it starts with a "P"

...Pro... Pro...something.... I can't think of it. :confused:

Reactions: Jorriley

Jorriley

Expert
Mar 30, 2013
I was thinking of a minigames where you jump down as an ODST and a fortified base would be guarded by one team at the bottom and the object was to claim the base or maybe the bases?

Jorriley

Expert
Mar 30, 2013
The island looks soooo.... empty. It looks like you just placed down objects. Their is no initial theme and lacks cover on the bottom, so cross mapping will occur on this map. Just looking at the images tell me all this and I won't even have to download it. Dislike this comment all you want and argue all you want UNLESS you want to be an informative forger and take my feedback to improve on this map.
Don't judge a book by its cover

Feb 25, 2013
nice try torta, these kinda people dont take feedback.

Reactions: Mexican Torta 7
Mar 13, 2013
California
Like Psycho Duck has said before, A good forger is one who takes feedback from the community. If you disagree that is perfectly fine... but I'm confident with what I say considering I have a year or two of forging experience.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

iSpiteful

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Like Psycho Duck has said before, A good forger is one who takes feedback from the community. If you disagree that is perfectly fine... but I'm confident with what I say considering I have a year or two of forging experience.

You cannot make any sort of opinion on a map you have not even begun to play. Maps aren't all about looks if it is slayer based variants etc. Its about the gameplay.

Mar 13, 2013
California
Okay... ugh! Take example from the matchmaking maps that come from community, (assuming you've at least seen them) you may say that several of them are decent when their is a whole variety of groups and people that judge maps differently. Most of the community call the maps garbage and bad, and also that they would want them to be removed from matchmaking. If you take some of those examples or maps taken from 343i such as Meltdown, Exile or Adrift, or the maps from the community and compare them to this map in the way they look, what would you give it? If community calls several of those maps garbage, then what in the world is this map? I'm giving you advice! Put some nice buildings down out of blocks make your own place structure, add some verticality, and give it a theme! Ex: Airport, Trainstation, Highway along with an urban city. I will no longer reply due to ignorance! Look at those screenshots again PLZ! Their just blocks placed down for all that is muffins! Have more professional forgers see this, I guarantee that they would agree!

iSpiteful

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Okay... ugh! Take example from the matchmaking maps that come from community, (assuming you've at least seen them) you may say that several of them are decent when their is a whole variety of groups and people that judge maps differently. Most of the community call the maps garbage and bad, and also that they would want them to be removed from matchmaking. If you take some of those examples or maps taken from 343i such as Meltdown, Exile or Adrift, or the maps from the community and compare them to this map in the way they look, what would you give it? If community calls several of those maps garbage, then what in the world is this map? I'm giving you advice! Put some nice buildings down out of blocks make your own place structure, add some verticality, and give it a theme! Ex: Airport, Trainstation, Highway along with an urban city. I will no longer reply due to ignorance! Look at those screenshots again PLZ! Their just blocks placed down for all that is muffins! Have more professional forgers see this, I guarantee that they would agree!

i know for a fact i would never host a game and include that cruddy scrapyard dominion map. Whereas this map i would include because of its drop in feature. Jorrileys map could do with filling but regardless you come into this discussion and make clear and bold big headed statements about the map. You think your an established forger but you're not. You got a feature. So what? i don't see any of your other "great" maps being used. Take it from someone who hosts lobbies, i would rather use a map with creativity like this one than anything you have ever made. You can try to combat my argument by getting your bum buddy to try and rebel but i dont care. Creative forgers are better than text-book forgers like yourself. To be honest you don't even deserve a feature and most likely only got it because you was one of the people who made a map in early days while the game was still considered "new", people like Budddyyy who is a great forger deserve features because his unique map ideas. Check him out for yourself. GG

Mar 13, 2013
California
i know for a fact i would never host a game and include that cruddy scrapyard dominion map. Whereas this map i would include because of its drop in feature. Jorrileys map could do with filling but regardless you come into this discussion and make clear and bold big headed statements about the map. You think your an established forger but you're not. You got a feature. So what? i don't see any of your other "great" maps being used. Take it from someone who hosts lobbies, i would rather use a map with creativity like this one than anything you have ever made. You can try to combat my argument by getting your bum buddy to try and rebel but i dont care. Creative forgers are better than text-book forgers like yourself. To be honest you don't even deserve a feature and most likely only got it because you was one of the people who made a map in early days while the game was still considered "new", people like Budddyyy who is a great forger deserve features because his unique map ideas. Check him out for yourself. GG

Okay then... Please. Since it is "cruddy" Please show me your dominion map. That is all I can say. Also please ask Budddyyy to see this then conclusion solved instead of insulting someone. And you may say that I insulted him when I just criticized him. Their is a difference. Also I'll insult you. Hey I don't care how my map is. I stopped forging after scrapyard lol. It's a first generation map you BK. I could make a 10x better map but I am now a competitive player. Tell anyone about me and I'm sure they'll say something about how decent of a player I am. I don't care I got a feature and I never brought it up. Shadow did to back me up and I appreciate it. Just show me your dominion map that is sooo not cruddy and also if you don't have one which I'm sure you don't then show a good map and I will take back all words I said. By the way I love how you call shadow a bum buddy when you're doing the same for this kid who posted this map for criticism lol.

Feb 25, 2013
Im not a bum buddy! I'm backing up torta because I agree with him. Besides we never meant to insult Jorriley. We were trying to give him feedback that he did not accept when we were only trying to make the map better. If you dont believe us or dont want to listen to us, we can just call up AbleSirThomas to have a look at the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.