Downloads: 9th most
Platforms: Xbox 360, PC/Steam/Mac/Linux
Maximum Players: Xbox 360 20 players, PC 30 players
Related games: Halo/Minecraft
Website: http://jforcegames.com/blog/index.php?special=games
Xbox: US $1.00
PC: US $2.00​
Trailer:

Hey guys, Greenh2 here. Now, this is my first thread I have created. But, that's not the point of doing this. We are going to talk about the #1 rated Xbox indie game, Murder Miners. Now, in my opinion, this is my favorite indie game of all time. Not just Xbox, but counting all indie games. I find it interesting how they made a really great games with many limitations. They make the inspiration from two really high rated games of all time, which one of them we all know. They have the gameplay of Halo CE, and the structure of Minecraft. It could actually be a full game on retail discs, but just without a campaign and little gamemodes. Well, I would change that, it would be best for arcade. Anyways, it has a lot of really awesome things in it. It has map editing, Team Murdermatch (Team Slayer), Murdermatch (FFA Slayer), Infection, Murder the Flag (CTF), and Zombies (we'll talk about that later). So, down below, I'll talk about the gameplay and everything else about Murder Miners!!!​

GAMEPLAY:
So, I really like the gameplay of Murder Miners. It has the gameplay of Halo CE, and a few elements of its own. It has no loadouts and ADS like COD, so it goes all out Halo. The only thing that is different is wall jumping and picking any weapon at the start of the game. Wait, you might be thinking "Well, that's very unbalanced!!!". But, they use that to their advantage. The game is very balanced by the damage of each weapon. Like if you spawn with a shotgun and a sniper rifle, you'll do good close and long range. But, you have to sacrifice fighting mid-range where others can get you easily. Anyways, the weapons are assault rifle, pistol, sniper, shotgun, battle rifle, miner gun, energy sword, and hook-shot. Ok, I can see where you think this is very unbalanced. Like I said before, the balance is done by each guns damage role. If you don't believe me, play it yourself. Hell, even one of my friends that doesn't play Halo much played this, and he was pretty impressed.

GAMEMODES:
So far, the gamemodes are Murdermatch, Team Murdermatch, Murder the Flag (MTF), Map Editor, Murder Games (YOLO Mode for PC players), and Zombies. Murdermatch and Team Murdermatch are your basic Slayer games, MTF is just the basic CTF, and Murder Games/YOLO is actually a type of Hunger Games type of game. Zombies mode though, is really cool. It's not fully finished, but it's still very entertaining to play. There isn't really a round based objective, so you just have to survive from never ending hordes, so exciting! The AI are kinda dumb, but JForce is trying to update them to be smarter. They're also a one-shot headshot, so you'll be fine..... kinda. Anyways, the cool part about them is the skin, it's very detailed and unique. Even in Infection, you have the zombie skin. Pictures of the skin will be down below.
MAP EDITOR:
Obviously, when you see that it has the Minecraft type of structure, you'll think "Hey, it's going to be the basic 'put down block' type of editing. Yes, but with a bit more options. You use the miner gun to put down and delete blocks. But, there's a lot more stuff to use for better editing. You can put down/delete blocks by line and radius. And if you used the wrong block, you can easily replace them by one of the options (Forgot the name, but I'll put it here when I remember)!!! But one of the most exciting thing about it is that it has NO BUDGET. The only limitations are frame rate. So, expect your imagination not to get very limited.

CUSTOMIZATION:
The customization is pretty decent. You can change the type of helmet you want and the color of your armor. There are many combinations to have for your Miner, even it effects your infected version of yourself. You can even change the color of your visor and shields! Unfortunately, there isn't that much customizable options for the gametypes. But, you can kinda combine them with each other. Like, you can have Team Murdermatch with zombies on, or have Murder the Flag with Infection time. You can disable certain weapons, and have host spectating on. You can even have no weapons at all and just punch people in the face.

VEHICLES:
Murder Miners has a couple of vehicles that are really fun to drive. There is a hover bike and a flying plane thing. The hover bike is like the Mongoose in a way, and the plane is like the Hornet. I would say it would be a flying pod thing, but that is my opinion. For the hover bike, it can hold two people. On the plane, it can hold up to 4 people.

DOWNSIDES:
Unfortunately, there are a couple of downsides to Murder Miners, but like certain things that are common in other games. Usually, when you find a game, there are a lot of lobbies that aren't really serious in the competitive aspect. If you want a real competitive game, you could make one yourself, OR there is a website that you can find really good games to play. The link will be in the NEWS section. Also, there is a slight problem with the connection for lobbies. People could get disconnected easily if the host is far away, so you might have to play a game with a host in the same time area for good connection.

So, this is what Murder Miners is mostly like!!! If I missed anything, you can see it on the game itself. I'll put a NEWS section down below, so I'll update it if it needs it. Be sure to watch this thread!!! So, thanks for reading, and I hope you download it. Have a great day!!! Greenh2, signing out :cool2:

GREEN: Most recent update

NEWS:
Watch the thread to get updates faster!!!

Miner:
Helmet2.jpg

HUD (could not find updated version, but it's mostly like this):
screen4.jpg

ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION:
7891210_f520.jpg

SPLITSCREEN AND ZOMBIE (could not find updated zombie by itself):
lg_screen1.jpg

VEHICLES:
lg_screen3.jpg

WEAPON SELECT (not updated version, but what it's like):
R0RVLTZNdXNHVzAx_o_murder-miners---zombie-survival-shooting-zombies-hd-.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandril and Buddy

Bigbanggalaxy

Novice
Mar 7, 2014
It's a really cool game, it's has a competitive and casual shape to the game. If you need any questions about Murder Miners let me know homie :). Also if you want to run any "good customs" on "good maps" hit me up on XBL GT: Bigbanggalaxy.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
If you like Halo just f***ing download this game! I think it is embarrassing that this game is cheaper than a chocolate bar yet the gameplay has more value to it than ANY Halo game. That's right I actually think this game can offer better gameplay than our beloved Halo classics.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
If you like Halo just f***ing download this game! I think it is embarrassing that this game is cheaper than a chocolate bar yet the gameplay has more value to it than ANY Halo game. That's right I actually think this game can offer better gameplay than our beloved Halo classics.
The reason why it's cheaper is because of Microsoft :/ I agree, it should cost more. But, on Steam it might cost about $10, since it wasn't noticed at first on the PC :). Also, you are right about the gameplay, it's like the Halo classics mixed with its own unique style :)

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
The reason why it's cheaper is because of Microsoft :/ I agree, it should cost more. But, on Steam it might cost about $10, since it wasn't noticed at first on the PC :). Also, you are right about the gameplay, it's like the Halo classics mixed with its own unique style :)
It takes everything I like about the gameplay of Halo but adds so much more without hurting the experience.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
It takes everything I like about the gameplay of Halo but adds so much more without hurting the experience.
Yeah, like wall jumping, weapon selecting, even no budget on map editing. The only limitation of it is framerate, and that's fine by me :)

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Ranked Multiplayer is still to come where there will be more limitations on starting weapons I imagine.
Yeah, forgot about the custom game thing. But, unfortunately that probably won't come to the Xbox. They said that after the PC version comes out, they said they are going to come out with one more update since they are reaching the limit. But, I may be wrong :). Also, I don't think they would limit the weapons on regular gametypes if it comes out. They would do it if like a Pro or MML version of the gametypes come out.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
I might just start hosting some Murder Miners game nights. Try and get as many people as possible interested and we will see what we can do.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
I might just start hosting some Murder Miners game nights. Try and get as many people as possible interested and we will see what we can do.
That'll be nice :). I forgot to mention that another update for the Xbox MM is coming in less than a month :D

Trap Lord

Novice
Aug 1, 2014
Been playing this game since 2012. It was really fun for a while. I actually know bigbanggalaxy from the Murder Miners forums. I havent really played lately due to the large decrease in players and new maps and updates. I realize it's not their fault that they cant update the XBLIG version any further but it still sucks. I'm not much of a fan of PC gaming nor do I want to pay for it again so I probably wont get around to playing the PC version. This game was something that console games desperately needed.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Been playing this game since 2012. It was really fun for a while. I actually know bigbanggalaxy from the Murder Miners forums. I havent really played lately due to the large decrease in players and new maps and updates. I realize it's not their fault that they cant update the XBLIG version any further but it still sucks. I'm not much of a fan of PC gaming nor do I want to pay for it again so I probably wont get around to playing the PC version. This game was something that console games desperately needed.
Don't worry, there will be at least one more update for the XBL version, and it's coming in less than a month :D. If you think that MM was the game that console games need, then stay tuned in the future of them making a MM2 for the X1, and possibly for the X 360 on the Arcade side ;)