News HC Weekly Recap: July 28th 2015

eBSQsJp.png

Halo Time
On this weeks Halo Bulletin, we got an inside look and a bit of a back story on how McFarlane Toys got started. Some of their statues on display included members from both Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris. Just remember, Fred will strike fear into the hearts of our enemies! Mostly because his name is Fred.

While we're on the topic of figurines, this weeks Canon Fodder was an interview with the Creative Director of Spartan Games, Neil Fawcett. Now for those of you that don't know, Spartan Games are making a Halo board game called Halo: Fleet Battles. The game itself is based around small scale models of the ships that we all know and love from both the Halo games and extended lore. Of course, what we got to see is only a fraction of what is currently being worked on but feel free to check out some of the pictures down below.

Covenant
cffbcovsm-ef05702637984176b7c6ef853b9abe7b.png

UNSC
cffbunscsm-bd522377e8ba413bb9bd54945fe78163.png

The only thing that really bothers me about this is the fact that we don't have this in a virtual form. Halo Wars was cool and all but can you imagine space battles with both UNSC and Covenant Fleets in an RTS game? If only something like that existed...
Of course, not every bit of news is good news. Last week we got confirmation with sad news about local split screen capabilities being taken out of Halo 5: Guardians campaign mode. Auburn has already given us a brief summary of all the interesting points so be sure to check that out by clicking here. If you're interested in reading the full article then you may want to read Co-op in Halo 5: Guardians.

Spoilers Ahead!
You have been warned.

On last weeks Red vs Blue the Reds and Blues convince Doc to help mend the wounds between between the Federal Army of Chorus and the New Republic. Talking can get things done and Doc suggests a group therapy session. In the end, Kimble finishes off by saying that Doyle is one of the biggest cowards shes ever known to which he responds, to the surprise of everyone, that she is one of the most courageous and bravest people that he has ever had the chance to know. Just as everything seems like it's about to end up being hugs and kisses, the capital comes under attack, Hell Jumper style.

Meanwhile Locus inquires about the Meta. Aiden Price clarifies that Locus is assuming that the Meta was actually just one entity but was in fact two. The Meta was the Sigma AI, always aiming for perfection, always wanting to be human. Maine pre-AI was an overall badass but post-AI, he was but a broken shell of his former self. This led him to searching for more power and before long, he would only want more power.

Aiden the asks if Locus has noticed a change in his behavior after entering the portal to retrieve the artifact. The comment catches him off guard but he gets defensive. Locus says he'e's fine but Aiden insists. Locus thinks that the counselor is overstepping his bounds which Aiden responds to by simply saying, "Would you like to know what Felix is afraid of?". Locus goes quiet but the conversation comes to an abrupt end when Felix enters the room and tells Locus that they're ready to leave. Locus leaves the to get ready and Felix walks up to the monitor essentially threatening to reveal Aidens involvement with project Freelancer to shark face. The communication feed cuts as Felix leaves the room.

You can watch the full episode by clicking here.

Your Destiny Awaits
Weekly Nightfall - Taniks (aka The Shadow Thief)

• Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
  • Nightfall - If all players die, your Fireteam is returned to Orbit.
  • Arc Burn - Arc Damage from any source is greatly increased.
  • Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
  • Brawler - Guardian Melee damage is greatly increased.

Weekly Heroic - Archon Priest (aka Winters Run)
  • Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
  • Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.

More information on the weekly reset can be found here.

If you're still getting over the depression after hearing about the G-horn nerf then maybe some Taken King news will lighten your mood. Last week Bungie decided to show off some of the weapons and weapon manufacturers that we'll be seeing in Destiny's next DLC, The Taken King.

First off we have Häkke. These guys favor making guns like those seen during the golden age. They bare a striking resemblance to some pre-collapse weapons.

hakke_autorifle_render_small_1.jpg

Next up, we have Omolon. Unique and futuristic, Omolon uses a special liquid ammo. Fun fact, you can actually see the liquid in your magazine deplete after each shot is fired. Also, depending on the strength of the weapon, the ammo's color will change as well. As an example, dark blue would mean a low impact (weak) or brighter purple which would indicate a higher impact (powerful).

omolon_sniper_render_small_1.jpg

Finally we have Suros. This manufacturer is already well known to guardians. Suros delivers unique and hard hitting weapons, namely the Suros Regime which was favored by many guardians. Now however, we're finally getting a look at the expanded inventory that Suros will now be providing to guardians.

suros_scout_render_small_1.jpg

You can read the full Bungie weekly update by clicking here.

While we're on the topic of guns, those of you that have pre-ordered will be getting a timed exclusive which is called the Suros Arsenal Pack. This pack is sure to help guardians in their fight against the Taken. However, for those that don't pre-order, you'll be able to earn your goodies come January 1st, 2016 when its available for everyone.

Think that's all? Bungie has placed a bounty on someones head. Starting tomorrow between 11am-1pm Pacific standard time/ 7pm-9pm UK time, you'll have your chance to earn this very exclusive emblem.

signofopposingwill.jpg

Who's your bounty? Bellebunny and her Dames of Destiny. To earn this elusive emblem, you must defeat Bellebunny and her Dames of Destiny in the Control. Bring your A game guys and maybe a team as this bounty has proven to be difficult to earn.

Sale?... SAAALLLLLLEEE?

Addy: Another week passes us by meaning it's time for another Batch of Deals with Gold on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. On both platforms Activision seems to be making a last ditch effort with Advanced Warfare, reducing the price by up to 50% a week before the release of it's last DLC pack *yawn*. On Xbox One this week my recommendation lies with the Assassin's Creed IV Season Pass, following up it's free release on Games with Gold this month, this content at 50% off allows you to own the definitive version for a very low sum of money.

On the Xbox 360 however there seems to be a slew of Need for Speed titles on sale, a stand out for me is Need for Speed: Carbon at 66% off. It may be an old game, but it is arguably the best NFS title ever made and can be quite hard to acquire in disc form. As usual please find all of this weeks discounts for both platforms below;

But wait, there's more! In a mere 3 days from the time of posting, August will be upon us meaning that it's time for the reveal of the next batch of titles on Games With Gold.

16600_hig_res_crop_aug_r1t1_sk.png

On Xbox One the following titles are available:
And on Xbox 360 the following titles are available:

Don't forget to download Gears of War 3 and Assassin's Creed IV if you haven't already as these titles will no longer be free to download after Friday.

n0eJKPw.png

This week, both SteelGreen03 and Fuzzle have earned their place in this weeks community spotlight. Feel free to check out Steel's video by clicking here.

Also feel free to give some feedback to Fuzzle as he gives us a breakdown on some of the things that we can expect to see in Destiny's The Taken King.

That's it for this week guys.
Until next time,
Snack

Reactions: Jebus
Well I figure I should mention this here... Windows 10 releases today and is absolutely free to download now for anybody that currently has Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) or Windows 8.1 currently installed on their computer. You should probably check the system requirements needed to run Windows 10 here, but I imagine most computers already running W7 or W8.1 today likely pass these requirements by a light-year.

• If you already "reserved" Windows 10 (though the 'Get Windows 10' app in your taskbar) it may already be downloading automatically. Check with your Windows Update to make sure it is.
  • If you have not "reserved" Windows 10 but do have the 'Get Windows 10' app in your taskbar, you will likely be prompted to download it from there.
  • If you have already downloaded and installed all the latest updates for your version current of Windows and you're having issues seeing or getting the 'Get Windows 10' app to appear, click here to upgrade to Windows 10 manually (This step is sort of advanced. You'll need to mount the installation to a removable boot drive, such as a USB flash drive or DVD. Contact me if you need help with this)
To the left is what the 'Get Windows 10' app looks like in the taskbar:
wCCkyYu.png

Should note that Windows 10 includes a completely new Xbox app which I believe is quite impressive and is miles beyond what 'Games for Windows Live' could ever do, if anybody remembers that. Here's a video by Xbox that shows what the Xbox app on Windows 10 can do:
Happy upgradin'!

Last edited:
If I wait a bit to upgrade, I can still get Windows 10 for free. Right?

Some of these features look pretty cool. I just want to wait to upgrade once I learn more about the operating system.

If I wait a bit to upgrade, I can still get Windows 10 for free. Right?

Some of these features look pretty cool. I just want to wait to upgrade once I learn more about the operating system.
Yeah, you have one year from today to upgrade to Windows 10. Once you upgrade you have it free forever, kind of like Games with Gold.

Reactions: Psychoduck