Map Preview Dispute.

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
After month of planning, prebuilding, building and rebuilding, Dispute is finally here.

Designed by myself (whos blaze) and forged by aDamnCivilian and myself. Dispute focuses on competitive 4v4 gameplay where set ups and teamwork can really shine. Initially designed for CTF in mind this map contains rewarding jumps and tosses for players with map knowledge and coordination. That being said it doesn't mean the map plays only for ctf but supports slayer and various other competitive gametypes that will be more refine in future versions, such as Ball, Hill, Land grab.

Dispute has gone through many changes already. It was refined due to frame drops, tested and then had to be resized almost completely. Which I did with as much care as possible by measuring and comparing the size to shrine and pitstop, timing routes to match those as closely as possible to accommodate peoples concerns about sizing.

I put a lot of care into designing this and will continue with your feedback bla bla bla, you know. Now onto the part you care about, The pictures!

Preplanning:

The draw up

The halo 4 concept

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
The h2a version
Pretty close to the original design as far as layout aside from some parts that were opened up or squashed.

Video of V4 3v3 slayer

Special thanks to Civi for helping me finish the forging and continuous help with updating the map, I would've never finished it if it wasn't for you. Also thanks to SecretSnitzel and papercraft for the biggest constructive critism that kept me at it and motivated to make the changes I needed to make. As well as everyone else who has tested it and gave me the concerns!!
To anyone who wants to download, add me (whos Blaze) on xbox and look in your leaderboards on any level of h2a legendary solo! Thanks!

Update! V5 is now in my fileshare with multiple changes, including static weapon timers!

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This reminds me of some interesting amalgamation of Atheist and The Pit. I'm loving all of the segmentation and vertical overlap. It looks like Flag, Hill, and perhaps even 3 Plots would play really well on here. If you created some overhead geometry to limit ball throws, you could even get some interesting Ricochet play on here. I'm loving your texture use, the way you've contrasted the concrete blocks with the ore detailed metallic textures of other objects gives it a great look. The trees do look pretty goofy growing out of solid rock and metal, though. I'd replace those corner 45s with rocks to at least make them look a bit more natural. Anyway, this looks really cool. I can't wait to play it.

Good work!

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
@Duck Thanks man, I appreciate it! Some people are loving the segregation and others are saying it's too segregated looking at the pictures. I feel it plays just right and the segregation definitely compliments the set-ups I have intended for more competitive play. CTF is the primary gametype on this map but king works good and I have set it up for land grab (5 flag territories) but haven't tested it because of the bright rings around the flag. I thought about ricochet though I really didn't design anything around that so I feel like only the center of the map would get used because it'd be too hard to score from the sides. I attempted my best to keep good contrast and it actually looked a bit better before I had to tone a good bit of it down to keep good performance. I'm glad to hear the compliment on it. When I update the map next I will try to remember to add that rock in. Either that or I may just remove the tree in the center, I hardly serves a purpose aside from proving a deeper atmosphere which is kind of counteracted by your point. Haha

I'll have to get you in on a few testing sessions once they fix customs. Since the update last night I haven't been able to get a single good match, or even share forge sessions with people on it... Anyway, thanks for the feedback man!

Stevo Thank you! When we do that, I definitely want to get a game on yours too!