Recommended [Apr 19, 2014] [THFE Throwback] SvC and More (The Psycho Duck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
front-page-staffvscommunity.png

Hello, and welcome to the signup thread for our upcoming Staff vs Community game night. These events give you, the community, an opportunity to square off against your evil orange overlords in an epic struggle. This lobby comes with a twist, though. As part of THFE's upcoming Throwback Weekend event, this lobby will be held in Halo: Reach.

How it works:
One team will be comprised of HaloCustoms staff members (and possibly THFE hosts as well if not enough staff are present) and the other will be made up of community members. We will play a warm-up game followed by five matches. Whichever team wins the majority of these matches (3 out of 5) will be deemed the winner and will bask in eternal glory, util the next SvC event at least.

How to join:
On Xbox Live, send The Psycho Duck a message asking for an invite. Invites will be sent out on a first-come, first serve-basis. We will likely rotate community members out throughout the event to maximize the amount of people who get to play.

What we'll play:
For this event, we will be pulling from a wide variety of classic Halo Reach maps and gametypes which are listed below. We will be keeping the player count at or near 12 throughout the lobby.

Orion by SecretSchnitzel
svc-12.png

Brick by MythicFritz
svc-14.png

Port Authority by MockKnizzle008 & The Psycho Duck
svc-15.png

S by The Psycho Duck
svc-13.png

Bunker Hill by Oakley HiDef & The Psycho Duck
svc-11.png

Armor Walkers by MetaWaddleDee
svc-8.png

Floodgate by Oakley HiDef & Kango Sucka
svc-9.png

Nom Nom by Darth Human & AJ Yusi
svc-10.png

The after-party:
Once we have completed the five SvC games, I would like to keep the lobby going. We'll break the teams up to ensure balanced games and then continue to play (mostly competitive) Reach classics for as long as people stick around.

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
That was really the most fun I've had playing Halo in months. It's amazing to be able to go back to a game where there is a real variety in the maps and modes which can be played. Port Authority, Floodgate, and Bunker Hill were highlights for me in large part due to the one sided game modes we played on them. We'll get a recap thread up soon, we had a lot of great games.

Also, everyone who messaged me did get at least one invite over the course of the lobby. Many of you were not even online when I invited you, but that's your loss I guess.

deathwish9x

Master
Apr 17, 2014
Also, everyone who messaged me did get at least one invite over the course of the lobby. Many of you were not even online when I invited you, but that's your loss I guess.
I found the message a bit after I got home from walking my dog, but when I left to do that there wasn't much more than a half hour left on the match, maybe less. I didn't count on getting an invite nearly 2 hours after the match started.

Status
Not open for further replies.